ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
    Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

A Bride for a Day

I think the title really says it all...

This was a job for Sheridan Student Bethany Gilbert in the Makeup Artist program, the model is Christine, who made for a stunning bride.

These were for the most part shot using Strobist techniques, in which I use regular speedlights (in my case an SB-800 and SB-600) fired by radio triggers (Elinchrom Skyports). The last three in the set were done using two lights, one with a shoot thru umbrealla, the other with a softbox. The outside one just was the SB-800 without any modifier.

For the rest of the set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/axle814...th/5567348473/
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

Re: A Bride for a Day

All are nice but my favorite is number two, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I first saw these in the gallery and failed to comment but I think you did a wonderful job with them. Like Jeff my favorite is #2.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

n8

I know this isn't the critique forum, but I just thought I'd throw out there that the light post in #1 could stand to go away. All are very nice!
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Analog Photographer, Digital World Axle's Avatar

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by n8
    I know this isn't the critique forum, but I just thought I'd throw out there that the light post in #1 could stand to go away. All are very nice!
    ha ha, yeah, I should have caught that and cropped it out. Thanks for the second eye!
    Alex Luyckx | Photography
    Capturing Beauty in Everything

I looked at the rest off the set in flickr, I think you picked the best to show us here

#2 has the right amount of light, the dark background has a very nice contrast vs the hair

you had a very similar shot in flickr, with her staring directly to the camera, all settings look the same but the skin color is way different, is this due to the post processing? did you change the WB ?

very nice work

Thread Information