ViewFinder Photography Forum

General discussion - our photography living room. Talk about aesthetics, philosophy, share your photos - get inspired by your peers! Moderated by another view and walterick.
ViewFinder Forum Guidelines >>
Introduce Yourself! >>
PhotographREVIEW.com Gatherings and Photo Field Trips >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 50mm Black and White

Quote Originally Posted by brmill26
    Fantastic idea for a thread, OT; well done. My very simple contributions:
    You classify as simple I think beautiful is a more appropriate term.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Quote Originally Posted by photophorous
    It was considered normal at the time. It's an MC Rokkor-PF 58mm f1.4. I got it for portraits, but so far I've only tested it on the cat.

Paul

Tmax 3200 in DD-X.

Maybe I should rename the thread to Normal Lens Black and White. Actually many earlier 35mm had a normal or lens that came with the camera of from 45 to 58mm or so. Another very nice example of what DD-X can do and at 3200! Very impressive Paul.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Here is another good example. On my Pentax H1a the 55mm Super Takumar was the standard or normal lens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 50mm Black and White-dsc_1304-2-640.jpg  

Nikon Samurai #13

Love the first it is very innovative in the use of different techniques to achieve the goal. I think the photo is very effective. As for the second it has been a favorite since I first saw it. Love your beautiful tones and the sharpness under very low light conditions. A real tribute to the 50 mm lens.

Nikon Samurai #13

Quote Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Maybe I should rename the thread to Normal Lens Black and White. Actually many earlier 35mm had a normal or lens that came with the camera of from 45 to 58mm or so. Another very nice example of what DD-X can do and at 3200! Very impressive Paul.
    Thanks, Larry. I actually have a Minolta 45/2 also, but I haven't shot any B&W with it yet. DD-X is made by Ilford and it's supposed to be good for pushing film, which is why these are all high speed shots. I'm looking for a combo to use at my buddy's wedding in May. I've only developed three rolls in it so far. I have a feeling that after I try all these high speed films I'm going to come back to the old standby, Tri-X.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ballen Photo
    OK, I'll throw another one in. This time with a Pentax MX and 50mm.
    -Bruce
    50mm Pentax lens stopped down slightly if memory serves, and in a dark room with a wee bit of window light.
    Well I must say this is very different from the those first two you posted, but equally nice. I'm always glad to see Pentax images posted. My first serious 35mm camera was a Pentax I always felt like the early Pentax cameras didn't get the respect they deserved.

Nikon Samurai #13

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

From the f/1.4 version a few days ago...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 50mm Black and White-b-w-02-20-08.jpg  
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information