50mm Black and White

Printable View

• 02-26-2008, 06:10 AM
    Old Timer
    Re: 50mm Black and White
    Quote:

Originally Posted by brmill26
    Fantastic idea for a thread, OT; well done. My very simple contributions:

You classify as simple I think beautiful is a more appropriate term.
  • 02-26-2008, 06:14 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by photophorous
    It was considered normal at the time. It's an MC Rokkor-PF 58mm f1.4. I got it for portraits, but so far I've only tested it on the cat.

Paul

Tmax 3200 in DD-X.

Maybe I should rename the thread to Normal Lens Black and White. Actually many earlier 35mm had a normal or lens that came with the camera of from 45 to 58mm or so. Another very nice example of what DD-X can do and at 3200! Very impressive Paul.
  • 02-26-2008, 06:31 AM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    Here is another good example. On my Pentax H1a the 55mm Super Takumar was the standard or normal lens.
  • 02-26-2008, 07:17 AM
    Old Timer
    Love the first it is very innovative in the use of different techniques to achieve the goal. I think the photo is very effective. As for the second it has been a favorite since I first saw it. Love your beautiful tones and the sharpness under very low light conditions. A real tribute to the 50 mm lens.
  • 02-26-2008, 09:28 AM
    photophorous
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Timer
    Maybe I should rename the thread to Normal Lens Black and White. Actually many earlier 35mm had a normal or lens that came with the camera of from 45 to 58mm or so. Another very nice example of what DD-X can do and at 3200! Very impressive Paul.

Thanks, Larry. I actually have a Minolta 45/2 also, but I haven't shot any B&W with it yet. DD-X is made by Ilford and it's supposed to be good for pushing film, which is why these are all high speed shots. I'm looking for a combo to use at my buddy's wedding in May. I've only developed three rolls in it so far. I have a feeling that after I try all these high speed films I'm going to come back to the old standby, Tri-X.

Paul
  • 02-26-2008, 10:00 AM
    Old Timer
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballen Photo
    OK, I'll throw another one in. This time with a Pentax MX and 50mm. :p
    -Bruce
    50mm Pentax lens stopped down slightly if memory serves, and in a dark room with a wee bit of window light.

Well I must say this is very different from the those first two you posted, but equally nice. I'm always glad to see Pentax images posted. My first serious 35mm camera was a Pentax I always felt like the early Pentax cameras didn't get the respect they deserved.
  • 02-26-2008, 06:35 PM
    Loupey
    1 Attachment(s)
    From the f/1.4 version a few days ago...