Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: Tandem Crit?

Tandem Crit?

Well I thought I would share with you, since you don't see a Tandam Criterium every day... The last shot was of a normal criterium but I felt like the guys were going to run me down. I was using two shallow of a DOF for the speeds that they were doing. C&C's welcomed...
    Thanks
    Shane
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tandem Crit?-comotion3.jpg   Tandem Crit?-comotion2.jpg   Tandem Crit?-comotion1.jpg  

Re: Tandem Crit?

Definitely a different kind of cycling subject! I never thought about tandem track racing. But now that I've seen photos, it makes sense. I've heard tandems can be very, very fast, and people will race anything

My first comment was already addressed in your post. Looks like you need more depth-of-field. That's probably one of those things that occurs to you after the fact. You sort of have two-for-the-price-of-one subjects. You'd want both riders in focus so you'll need to stop down. Interesting technical problem. Every sport has its own photogaphic idiosyncrasies.

I like the repeated patterns and colors in the tandem racer's uniforms. That's something that makes this different than normal bike racing. With a team you'd get a bunch of the same uniform and bike. But here, the patterns are even more "uniform", sinc they're on the same bike, pedaling in synch. This is a cool subject. It introduces some interesting new challenges and possibilities.

I need to get out to the velodrome!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Thread Information