Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Thread: This is Soccer?

This is Soccer?

Well when you live in a very small town you take your sports any way you can get them. I attended my first ever youth soccer match this afternoon. This is a long way form those great images that Gmen gave us last year. But I had fun and kids sure seemed to. Don't expect much I just need something new to post.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is Soccer?-dsc_0263.jpg   This is Soccer?-dsc_0282.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: This is Soccer?

Know the feeling Old Timer, fortunately the papers I shoot for rarely pay me to go shoot anything under high school varsity sports....actually only once have they done it. Today was girls soccer, and the shot below was one of 6 goals in the first half against this poor goalkeeper. I just liked how she was framed between the other players. This shot was uncropped, I took it verticle.

JS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is Soccer?-082205164.jpg  

Re: This is Soccer?

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    Know the feeling Old Timer, fortunately the papers I shoot for rarely pay me to go shoot anything under high school varsity sports....
    JS
    This was my first time with these kids and I was after cute kids pics as much as anything. Since I was shooting for myself I didn't have to worry about pleasing the man. I just love to trip the shutter and sports have always been a big part of what I photographed. I was fortunate that when I started I was in college and covering the home team for the yearbook, it gave me a great opportunity to shoot all the sports at a rather high level.

PS: If you want to see some really good soccer images do a search on gmen, he was around posting a lot about a year ago. He had some really top notch images.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Thread Information