Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I shoot kids and I like it...

Re: Here is a little of me....

Quote Originally Posted by JSPhoto
    I'll be at the Brickyard, ORPI and........well who knows where else this year, things are pretty whacky around here at the moment and the schedule keeps changing, at the moment it appears I'll be doing more open wheel stuff than expected all thanks to the "merger", that and other "things" the paper wants covered which may kill some of my Cup plans

JS
    Unfortunately I probably wont get a shot at either of those tracks this season. I want to go to the Brickyard so very badly! lol. A girl can dream. sigh....

I would love to get a shot at some open wheel too....man those cars are cool! very photogenic....

Quote Originally Posted by brmill26
    Talladega is about 45mins from me, but it's not really my style. I went once... it was quite an experience. I might make it back some day, but Barber Motorsports Park (roadcourse) is a little more my flavor, and only 15mins from me. I'm very lucky to have two world class race tracks and museums nearby.
    You are lucky! Talladega is on my list too. Well, they all are really..! The challenge of a road course intriques me too.

How did you guys start shooting motorsports?

I have never done motorsports...."yet"....but I would like to try out it eventually.....
    BFiredup
    "The new girl on the block! :blush2: "
    Canon 40D
    Canon Rebel 300D
    70-200mm USM IS f/2.8L
    EFS 18-55 Kit lens
    Canon EF 75-300 f/4-5.6III
    Canon EF 85 mm f/1.8 USM
    Epson Stylus 1800

Quote Originally Posted by craftgirl
    How did you guys start shooting motorsports?
    I've always loved racing, used to do a lot of motocross racing myself, so naturally the camera came along. I learned shooting motocross and supercross with a Minolta DiMage xT (P&S), and really even before that I did a little bit of shooting road racing at Barber with my dad's old Minolta SLR.

Now that I have the XTi, it's been sooooo much more rewarding b/c the camera is so much more responsive and I can adjust my settings to get the shot I want. Now I've just got to get a longer lens so I can reach the action better.
    Brad

Canon: Rebel XTi, 70-200 F/4L, 50mm F/1.8 II, Promaster 19-35mm F/3.5-4.5, Peleng 8mm fisheye
    Lighting: Canon 430 EXII, Quantaray PZ-1 DSZ, Sunpak 333D, D-8P triggers
    120 Film: Ricohflex Diacord TLR, Firstflex TLR, Zeiss Ikon Nettar 515/2 folder
    35mm Film: Nikon Nikkormat FT2, 35mm F/2.8, 50mm F/1.4, 135mm F/2.8

My Blog
    http://www.redbubble.com/people/bradleymiller

Quote Originally Posted by craftgirl
    Unfortunately I probably wont get a shot at either of those tracks this season. I want to go to the Brickyard so very badly! lol. A girl can dream. sigh....

I would love to get a shot at some open wheel too....man those cars are cool! very photogenic....

I see a lot of the Brickyard.....especially in May, I'm there the whole month. It used to be looking for stuff for the writers to write about, but this year it will be me doing the writing and photos Who knows what I'll find, last year it was one of the truck drivers for Sarah Fishers team and one of the IRL Safety workers and one of the track employees and and IRL writer, so that makes my finding more to write about a bit tougher, BUT, I do have one subject in mind already, she's a photographer who also lives in our county

I got started in this accidently. I got a shot of a midget spinning through a puddle of water and the next week I was shooting from trackside, and a month later for the track. I shot 90 races there that year, from then on I was hooked. Once the season was winding down though I got involved with freelance work for a local paper, been doing that for 8 years now.

JS
    Canon 1D
    Canon 1D MK II N
    Canon 70-200mm USM IS f2.8
    Canon 200mm f1.8 USM
    Canon 300mm f2.8 USM IS
    Canon 28-300mm USM IS f3.5-5.6
    Canon 50mm f1.8
    Vivitar 19-35mm f3.5-5.6

Welcome to PR and especially welcome to the sports forum. We need some more woman hanging around here.

I have zero advice or critiques for you as I know zip about your subject.

That said my jaw is hangin' open over your photos. You've drawn me in and captivated me and into a sport as I said..... I know zip about.
    It's not blurry. It's bokeh.

Canon EOS 1D Mark IV
    Canon EOS 5D Mark II
    Canon EOS 1D Mark III
    Canon 24-70mm EF f/2.8L
    Canon 24-105mm EF f/4L IS
    Canon Zoom Telephoto EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS
    Canon 17-40mm EF f/4L
    Canon 15mm F/2.8 EF Fisheye Lens
    Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro
    Canon 50mm f/1.8
    Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite
    Canon 580EX Speedlite
    Canon EOS Rebel 300D

Sweet, JETA, I love being responsible for converting people to NASCAR!!!! lol....

That is probably one of the coolest compliments Ive ever gotten! so thanks a million!

JS: That's a great story! It's sounds like it began as an addiction....I am a photoholic as well...Once I started I just couldnt/cant stop! If I ever get to Indy, we will definately have to meet up!

Brad, it's just inevitable when you have two passions that they end up intertwined....that's what happened to me too....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information