Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Friday Night Lights

First Friday night High School football of the season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Friday Night Lights-dsc_3185-2-1000.jpg   Friday Night Lights-dsc_3246-2-1000.jpg   Friday Night Lights-dsc_3488-2-1000.jpg   Friday Night Lights-dsc_3551-2-1000.jpg   Friday Night Lights-dsc_3743-2-1000.jpg  

Friday Night Lights-dsc_3977-2-1000.jpg  
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Re: Friday Night Lights

It's that time of year again, huh? I think that third one is great, Old Timer. Your timing was great, I love the feel of action and I also like that out-of-focus player in the foreground. That other player suggests threat and what's going to happen. It deepens the story and makes it more than just a guy running with a ball. The only thing missing here is the runner's eyes. I don't know how much you pushed these but I would try to selectively lighten up his face so we can see his eyes a little. The eyes can really push a sports photo to the next level and that's the only thing missing here.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Eyes in football shots are tuff, but I agree when you get them you have a jewel of of shot. Thanks for the look and the comment PJ. This was the first football I got to shoot with the Nikon 300mm f2.8, I love it by the way.

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

Nikkor 300mm f/2.8

You bought a 300mm f/2.8 lens? Which one? Jealous!
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Wow such a nice picture.! Great shots. =)

Re: Nikkor 300mm f/2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John View Post
    You bought a 300mm f/2.8 lens? Which one? Jealous!

John I bought a used older version of the Nikon at KEH. It still strained the budget but it wasn't $4,500 like the silent wave model.

Nikon Samurai #13

Nice series of photos! Makes me want to get out and try some. That guy in the fourth photo that looks like he is doing a one armed pushup is very lucky landing like that and not breaking his arm, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw View Post
    Nice series of photos! Makes me want to get out and try some. That guy in the fourth photo that looks like he is doing a one armed pushup is very lucky landing like that and not breaking his arm, Jeff
    It is amazing what kids bodies will take. If I try that I end up in ICU. You need to to out and shoot a little sports Jeff, it's great fun and really improves you reflexes.

Nikon Samurai #13

I shoot indoor volleyball and it is tough with the lighting. It does help your reflexes.
    David
    Nikon D7000
    AF-S Nikkor 50 mm f/1.4g

Nice shots by the way.
    David
    Nikon D7000
    AF-S Nikkor 50 mm f/1.4g

Thread Information