Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

A couple from the beach

Went out to Scott's Creek in central California.

Any CC is always welcome.
    Shal

Re: A couple from the beach

Good action, but not quite as sharp as your usual work. Is there a TC in the mix or just some extra cropping to fill the screen with these?

As for content, I like the first and the last.

The first, with the angle of the shot, you can see some pretty big/intimidating waves in the background. I do like that, but with the subject a bit soft, my eyes wonder to them a bit much. If the subject was sharper, it'd hold my eye better. Timing is good, nice rooster tail of spray, eyes looking ahead, nice...

The 3rd shot is just an interesting pose, making me wonder if he's just going to fall from that position or if the kite will keep enough tension on him 'til the board comes back under him as he finishes that turn... Although, the more I look at it, the more awkward he looks. ;)

Anyway, always love your photos... Gotta love the nice sunny weather yet big waves we have been getting the last couple weeks... Makes for some good stuff along the coast of Cali lately...

Quote Originally Posted by NoKnees
    Good action, but not quite as sharp as your usual work. Is there a TC in the mix or just some extra cropping to fill the screen with these?

As for content, I like the first and the last.

The first, with the angle of the shot, you can see some pretty big/intimidating waves in the background. I do like that, but with the subject a bit soft, my eyes wonder to them a bit much. If the subject was sharper, it'd hold my eye better. Timing is good, nice rooster tail of spray, eyes looking ahead, nice...

The 3rd shot is just an interesting pose, making me wonder if he's just going to fall from that position or if the kite will keep enough tension on him 'til the board comes back under him as he finishes that turn... Although, the more I look at it, the more awkward he looks. ;)

Anyway, always love your photos... Gotta love the nice sunny weather yet big waves we have been getting the last couple weeks... Makes for some good stuff along the coast of Cali lately...
    Thanks, The conditions were tougher than they may appear. Here is what the conditions really looked like. The sun was at 11 o'clock , the mist was heavy and they were far away.

Shal

Wow , so intense !!!

That would explain the end results. You did a great job pulling that much detail out of the shot. I knew something was up, but it wasn't obvious due to the good work you did with the photos...

And ya, it was a pretty windy weekend along most of the coast... It made beach volleyball a bit interesting up in Santa Cruz...

Looks pretty good given what you were dealt.

Thread Information