Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Canon gets the Gold!

I think Canon gets the gold at this Olympics... I heard about 90% of the cameras there are Canon...check out these
    Photogs! WOW!
    www.DigitalMTB.com
    www.alandavisphoto.net
    "There are no honorable bargains involving the exchange of qualitative merchandise like souls, for quantitative merchandise like time or money." -William S. Burroughs

Sweet!

I need one of those photos for the Home page! I've always wanted to be able to shoot the photographers at an event like that. Maybe I'll go to a 49ers game this year and do it. It won't be as good as the Olympics, though. That is a ridiculous amount of photographers and cameras. Since the PocketWizards have a limited number of radio channels, I wonder wat kind of conflicts happened? Can you customize the channels on radio slaves?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I need one of those photos for the Home page! I've always wanted to be able to shoot the photographers at an event like that. Maybe I'll go to a 49ers game this year and do it. It won't be as good as the Olympics, though. That is a ridiculous amount of photographers and cameras. Since the PocketWizards have a limited number of radio channels, I wonder wat kind of conflicts happened? Can you customize the channels on radio slaves?
    PWs have a limited set of frequencies. The "channels" use sub-codes that can be customized. They don't do it for everyone, and they keep a detailed database of everyone that has had them customized, so custom codes don't repeat. So if you are with a big organization, or are really well known, and have a legitimate need for custom codes, they will do it for you.

BTW, the guy with the blue bar with all those remotes on it, I think there was an article about him on Sportsshooter.com. He carries enough gear to equip 20 photogs with spares...
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

I'm still looking forward to getting my pocket wizards - although I doubt that the venues I shoot at will be populated by enough photogs to force me to register for a custom channel!

Given the number of photographers standing cheek by jowl, you have to wonder how many identical photos have been taken during the Olympics!?! Could be an interesting stat.

I've also observed a serious amount of chimping going on ... with some photogs too busy reviewing their pictures and comparing notes with the guy/gal next to them to notice the action that's going on around them.

However, wiring up some of that elaborate remote gear must take a degree in Electronic Engineering or something...
    Sport in Essex in Pictures
    <a href="http://www.tgsphoto.co.uk"><strong>www.tgsphoto.co.uk</strong></a>

Liz

Cool WOW! Incredible

Great photos of photogs! Canon should use these as posters!

Thanks for posting this - I truly enjoyed seeing all of them - and reading the comments.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by kafin8ed
    I think Canon gets the gold at this Olympics... I heard about 90% of the cameras there are Canon...check out these
    Photogs! WOW!

Thread Information