Sports Photography Forum

Share your sports photos and discuss sports photography techniques and issues. This forum is moderated by SmartWombat.
Featured Photo
Photo by Tumber

by Tumber
Featured Photo Archive >>

Battle of the bear (not Big Bear)

I have been a bit out of th loop recently due to an injury but this weekend I finally was able to hike up to a spot on a course and take some shots! Here is one from the weekend for you guys. Let me know what you think!

Ok One more for good measure

A bugger
    Both are great. The fisheye shot could have had a slower shutter speed to give more speed blur on the background or a littele faster to freeze it totally. To my taste at least. The first one is really nice. Great stance and the tilt gives a sense of speed. Nice.

What does this button do? Ooops. JDub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MotionBoy
    I have been a bit out of th loop recently due to an injury but this weekend I finally was able to hike up to a spot on a course and take some shots! Here is one from the weekend for you guys. Let me know what you think!

Ok One more for good measure

Really feelin' the first one. Man I wish that we had some downhill events around here to shoot.

Awesome!

That hip jump photo is bad ASSSSS! Even the tape is good, for once. I usually hate tape in photos but in this one it shows the course behind the rider and I like that. By showing where the rider came from it adds an element of time to the image. It's nice when you can do that in an mtb photo. Timing, composition, and depth-of-field all come together to make it a great photo.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Panarus biarmicus Moderator (Sports) SmartWombat's Avatar
    That first photo is almost perfect.
    The tilt of the bike, the dust clouds beneath, the track behind, timing of the shot in the jump, focus - it's all come together .

Looks like in front of the wheel there is blur from an out of focus branch.

I have a problem with things like that, myself. It's question for any other reviewers here. How on earth can you spot those things in the heat of the action?
    PAul

Scroll down to the Sports Forum and post your sports pictures !

A bugger
    Well sometimes you do, sometimes you don't. When you do, you try to eliminate them. I personally don't think that branch is that disturbing in photo number one...

Thanks guys! I was actually shooting with the 400 between 2 trees. I was thinking about leaning into the one tree a but to bring the lower left corner into the thick of it for some framing. I decided that wasn't a good idea. However the branch got in there, but it was too far away for me to move so that had to do.

I took all my shots at that general area but a few came out pretty good. I wish I had a little more range, I know that course and there are a couple other places that I would have liked to shoot.

Thanks again. Oh, and if any of you guys are going to be at Durango or Idaho for the nationals, look me up I will be there!

Thinking about Durango

I'm thinking about going to Durango. I wanted to go to at least one non-California Norba race and right now Durango is looking like it might fit my schedule best. Idaho is also a possibility.

What 400 are you using?
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    I'm thinking about going to Durango. I wanted to go to at least one non-California Norba race and right now Durango is looking like it might fit my schedule best. Idaho is also a possibility.

What 400 are you using?
    It is actually a 70-200 2.8 with the 2x on it. 400 on a budget

If you head to Durango, look me up!

Thread Information