Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Resizing a Pano?

How do you you resize a Pano for the web without losing detail. Also where do you get a print of one?
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Re: Resizing a Pano?

If you were in the UK, I would suggest Photobox, Got excellent results from them on my Pano's

Roger
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

Thanks Rodger, I have been using Panorama Maker 4 trial version and have a couple of test subjects that came out well, but I need to learn how to resize them for the web?
    Greg
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I have only printed a couple small panos, and I used Mpix.com, and Adoramapix. Both are of great quality, and reasonably priced. They both offer a standard sized print in a pano format, but they aren't very big. Mpix has a 5x15 print for $3.99, and Adorama has a 4x12 print for $0.99, and a 6x18 for $4.99. All of these prices are for their standard, matte finish.

If you want to go bigger, you can, but you will have to order one of their standard sized prints based on how wide you want the final image to be. This will give you a lot of empy space on the top and bottom of the print that will have to be trimmed away.

If you go this route, I would create a blank document the same size of the print you want, then past your final pano image into, as many times as you can fit on the document. You may be able to get 2 or three large panos, for the same price as a single larger print.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Thanks, Michael. I have used MPIX before. Now I will know what size file to send them.
    Greg

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information