Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

photoshop color problem

Hey got a question for the photoshop guys!!

After i have finish editing an image in photoshop and i save it as a jpeg I get some major color changes almost like the color balance is being adjusted..... example if i open the jpeg that i created with photoshop and then i open that same jpeg in windows xp default photoviewer, you can see very different color balances ( hard to describe ) just has a really different tone to it. I thought it might be windows photoview thingy but i tried opening it in like internet explorer and window's paint program and they all look different compared to the same image open in photoshop.

And i have played with the profile settings and i couldn't find anything that made the image in photoshop look like the image that is opened outside of photoshop.

Im thinking something might be wrong with my photoshop..... not sure, it just strikes me as strange that it looks so different in photoshop compared to how it looks outside of photoshop in different programs??

any ideas or suggestions??

it makes it real hard to edit in photoshop when all the tones/colors get thrown off when i get finished working on it and try to view it outside of photoshop

EDIT:: sorry for the large pic

Ok i have found this much out.... it apears to be something with my photoshop b/c imageready shows the image the way everything else is, so the only one with an off color is photoshop....... BUT i have yet to figure out why photoshop is so off??

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

Need more info...

Well, it looks like you've isolated your color problem.

Just a couple of quick questions to help do some diagnostics: what version of photoshop are you using?

Also, what are your ps color settings? To find out, use the top menu bar and go to EDIT>COLOR SETTINGS. A screenshot of that window (ALT + PRINT SCRN, then CTRL + N, CTRL + V, and save) would be helpful.
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Your image has to be CONVERTED to the sRGB color space before saving it out as a JPEG. No other applications are color space aware and the images look much less saturated.

Image->mode->Convert to profile

Try it.
    -Seb

My website

(Please don't edit and repost my images without my permission. Thank you)

How to tell the most experienced shooter in a group? They have the least amount of toys on them.

Thanks for quick replys, i included a screen shot of my color settings, I also tried the converting to sRGB from the Adobe RGB and that gave just a slight change in tone. It seems with my photoshop i have some setting way outta wack..... just can't find it

ALSO :: When i first saved my pic after getting it from the cf card, i saved it as a psd file and it saved the adobe RGB profile with it, so i opened up that original psd file and converted the profile to the std sRGB profile and it changed slightly but was still way off comparded to the same image open in imageready etc..... if i didn't do the profile thingy right let me know and i will do it a different way, but i believe thats how you wanted me to do it.... i think

Last edited by sifurat; 06-13-2004 at 05:21 PM.

Re: photoshop color problem

This exact problem drove me nuts for days. After trolling through several forums and getting some WAY to complicated answers from the experts I stumbled across a gem of info.

I'm going to give you that answer, but please understand that this will only help you if you are not printing your images for actual poster, print, tear sheets etc... If you are only concerned about web graphics, computer display, and/or the basic home user printing options than this will work for you.

In Photoshop (I have CS4) go to Edit < Color Settings (it's near the bottom). First thing to do here is hit Save title it 'Default settings'. This way you can go back to what it was when we started. Now in the Settings box Choose North America Web/Internet. Then select Save and title it something like for web/computer graphics. You're done. When opening RAW formats it may ask you if you want to convert the file to the current working space. You do want to convert it to the new workspace.

Since I post primarily to websites this is all I need to do. HOWEVER, on occasion I do have to print something full size at a photo lab. In those cases the CMYK color might be better. You'll have to experiment with the settings to find the right color match for your photo lab.

Re: photoshop color problem

I use https://imageupscaler.com which is one of the best photo editing services that offers quality photo enlargement. Their imaging solutions are flawless and deliver the highest image quality, full of color and life. Photos processed with this service are flawless, they can bring life to life in real time before and after images, respectively.

nice

Accidentally I have come across this website and little bit confused about the details shared here. This post deals real estate photo editing services with the details regarding handling photoshop color problems. Some of the details are discussed here and I am new to it and learning more about that. Keep sharing more details here.

Thread Information