Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Epson R 800 Buy Or Shop ??

Anyone that is using this printer,please let me know if it will print with the 2200.From what i hear,the ptints are almost identical.Its a 300.00 differance.but more important than that,will it print on a pro level.i like that it will print on disc.i can see where this would come in handy with backing up on disk.a picture and text,kool.i need a goos 8x10 printer.13 x 19 isnt bad.
    im trying to make up my doggone mind.im leaning towards the r 800.
    freelance2004
    WHY CANT WE ALL ,JUST GET ALONG!!

Hey penny,
    YES,i read your testimony,it does answer a question of mine.To be in the same catagory with the 2200 is what i need to know.to me the higher resolution,it has to give a lil bit more of a high resolution print.I read the epson review,and i wanted to hear it for myself from a consumer,and not a manufacture.all i need is a few more replies and i think ill make up my mind.i dont want to buy the r800, and wish i had bought something else.Just want to make sure,thats all.
    thanks for the reply.
    freelance2004

wwooooowww peeennnyyyyy.
    i havnt bought a printer yet.i said i dont want to buy a 800 and wish i had bought the 2200.but now that i hear someone finally sayITS THE BEST OUT THERE,i think ill go with the 800.ive been holding out on the 2200, because i heard about the canon I9900.but then the 800 came out,and looks like a heck of a deal.
    i appreciate your prompt reply.thanks penny.
    freelance2004

Remember Freelance2004, what I said in your other thread regarding this same question. As they have released the R800 and the reviews and comments (positive) that it is getting, I think there is going to be a replacement for the 2200/2100(here in Aus), but I can't tell you when.

The reason I say this, it is logical to release a lower end priced printer and see the reaction of consumers of the quality, performance of a printer and drivers in the real world, before releasing a higher end printer and getting it wrong.

The difference between the 2200 and the I9900 is the longevity of the prints of the 2200, and this seems to have been further addressed with the R800 with I think costs of inks being lower than the 2200.

So if you are looking at printing at the size of the 2200 with longevity of prints you have one choice, buy the 2200, but if you can wait a little while, see what is on the horizon.

In the meantime, get prints printed locally for your clients that you are selling, you should be able to strick a deal with a printer to get them done, surely if you are looking at volume. It is always cheaper to get them done, than doing them yourself, unless you have a perfectly intune system, and they seem to be a few, but not many, from my vast readings.

Thread Information