Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Breeze DSLR Remote Pro vs. Canon RemoteCapture

On a lark, I plugged my 10D into the USB for the first time. Sort of fun. I have a laptop as well, so I can see this maybe being used in the field... not sure why or how yet, but hey, I'm a wild man, I like whizzydo features.

So I downloaded Breeze DSLR Remote Pro. Wow! It's totally awesome! I was gonna buy it... then I saw the 129 price tag. A little more than I wanted to spend on a neat, but yet to be useful, piece of software.

Then I installed the Canon RemoteCapture (After opening the CD for the first time...) and tried it too. It's... okay, but not near as sweet as the Breeze software.

Now I am trying to decide if the canon stuff is good enough, or if maybe there's a 3rd option. Is there anyone here with experience with remote capture? Right now, I can't see many uses, since its USB1, and I can fire off a bunch of shots to the CF and drag it over the USB2 card reader in a fraction of the time. But, I can use the preview function of the Breeze stuff and see the shots before I have to take them.

Any thoughts on these 2 pieces of software?
    A good craftsman never blames his tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Dempsey
    On a lark, I plugged my 10D into the USB for the first time. Sort of fun. I have a laptop as well, so I can see this maybe being used in the field... not sure why or how yet, but hey, I'm a wild man, I like whizzydo features.

So I downloaded Breeze DSLR Remote Pro. Wow! It's totally awesome! I was gonna buy it... then I saw the 129 price tag. A little more than I wanted to spend on a neat, but yet to be useful, piece of software.

Then I installed the Canon RemoteCapture (After opening the CD for the first time...) and tried it too. It's... okay, but not near as sweet as the Breeze software.

Now I am trying to decide if the canon stuff is good enough, or if maybe there's a 3rd option. Is there anyone here with experience with remote capture? Right now, I can't see many uses, since its USB1, and I can fire off a bunch of shots to the CF and drag it over the USB2 card reader in a fraction of the time. But, I can use the preview function of the Breeze stuff and see the shots before I have to take them.

Any thoughts on these 2 pieces of software?
    I use 10D Remote. It doesn't even go to the CF - just straight into the PC. Models love to see the shot as soon as it's taken, and I can take the shots while sitting at the PC.

Thread Information