• 08-01-2004, 03:32 PM
    Sean Dempsey
    Breeze DSLR Remote Pro vs. Canon RemoteCapture
    On a lark, I plugged my 10D into the USB for the first time. Sort of fun. I have a laptop as well, so I can see this maybe being used in the field... not sure why or how yet, but hey, I'm a wild man, I like whizzydo features.

So I downloaded Breeze DSLR Remote Pro. Wow! It's totally awesome! I was gonna buy it... then I saw the 129 price tag. A little more than I wanted to spend on a neat, but yet to be useful, piece of software.

Then I installed the Canon RemoteCapture (After opening the CD for the first time...) and tried it too. It's... okay, but not near as sweet as the Breeze software.

Now I am trying to decide if the canon stuff is good enough, or if maybe there's a 3rd option. Is there anyone here with experience with remote capture? Right now, I can't see many uses, since its USB1, and I can fire off a bunch of shots to the CF and drag it over the USB2 card reader in a fraction of the time. But, I can use the preview function of the Breeze stuff and see the shots before I have to take them.

Any thoughts on these 2 pieces of software?
  • 09-16-2004, 01:28 AM
    mikishots
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Dempsey
    On a lark, I plugged my 10D into the USB for the first time. Sort of fun. I have a laptop as well, so I can see this maybe being used in the field... not sure why or how yet, but hey, I'm a wild man, I like whizzydo features.

So I downloaded Breeze DSLR Remote Pro. Wow! It's totally awesome! I was gonna buy it... then I saw the 129 price tag. A little more than I wanted to spend on a neat, but yet to be useful, piece of software.

Then I installed the Canon RemoteCapture (After opening the CD for the first time...) and tried it too. It's... okay, but not near as sweet as the Breeze software.

Now I am trying to decide if the canon stuff is good enough, or if maybe there's a 3rd option. Is there anyone here with experience with remote capture? Right now, I can't see many uses, since its USB1, and I can fire off a bunch of shots to the CF and drag it over the USB2 card reader in a fraction of the time. But, I can use the preview function of the Breeze stuff and see the shots before I have to take them.

Any thoughts on these 2 pieces of software?

I use 10D Remote. It doesn't even go to the CF - just straight into the PC. Models love to see the shot as soon as it's taken, and I can take the shots while sitting at the PC.