Digital Imaging and Computers Forum

Digital Imaging and Computers Forum This forum is for discussing digital photo processing, including RAW image conversion, Photoshop techniques, digital photography workflow, digital image management, and anything else related to digital image processing.
Digital Photography Software Guide >>
Read and Write Photography Software Reviews >>
Read and Write Photo Printer Reviews >>
Computer Reviews >>

Image name - keeping

I have renamed digital photo files in Photoshop's file browser, but when saving them to CD, they revert to their original (previous) name. Whenever I name a file I would like it to retain that name until I change it! Is there a way to do this?

I would think you could do it at the file level. When you're in Photoshop browser, note the name of the file you want to change, then go into explorer (on Windows) or the finder (on Mac) and change the name of the file itself.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

File Browser Burn

Quote Originally Posted by jhall6
    I have renamed digital photo files in Photoshop's file browser, but when saving them to CD, they revert to their original (previous) name. Whenever I name a file I would like it to retain that name until I change it! Is there a way to do this?

The changes you make in the browser are stored in a memory cache. As long as your images stay in the folder they were created in, your changes will be remembered. If you burn them to CD, the link to the cache is broken and the changes are lost.

Before you move these images, click on Export Cache - the instructions for the changes you made will travel with your photos wherever you put them.

Two visible files are created and are to be copied along with the image files over to their new home. It's basically just an edit instruction list.

Important to note: If you export your cache and then make changes to these images in the browser afterwards, you have to export cache again - it doesn't update automatically.

Thread Information