Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

What big eyes you have...

This might be one of the first times I took a picture of one of my hamster that I thought was good enough to post. These little guys are really hard to photograph, between the size and the constant motion. I'm wondering if the colors in the background are a bit too bright and distracting though?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What big eyes you have...-persephone2.jpg  

Re: What big eyes you have...

CaraRose,

Nice shot of an interesting creature. I saw your post about giving them away! They can be a handful can't they?! This shot is interesting, but I think it works. The tight crop draws your eyes away from the background, and right into it's contrasted eye. My one critique on it's body however would be a little more DOF, just because near it's back it's starting to become out of focus. Other than that, great shot and lovely creatures!

Jared

Re: What big eyes you have...

I love this shot and don't find the colors distracting at all. I really like the blue in the bg. "Her" eyes are so large and so beautiful and that's what's grabbing my attention. This "dwarf" hamster looks just like my "CitaLinda" that I had years ago. I adored her. (talking like a baby) "She's so Cueeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    ~Nina~

Thread Information