Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Verrazano Bridge ll . . . night reshoot.

I had posted a shot of this bridge a while back and did not come out too hot as i had edited the hell out of it. I did this reshoot of it, slightly different point of view ( deeper under the bridge in this one) and came out cleaner and better exposed. how does this work?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Verrazano Bridge ll  . . . night reshoot.-bridgeverrazano0804-172505xweb.jpg  
    Last edited by gahspidy; 08-30-2004 at 10:12 PM.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

squeaky

This is such a squeaky clean shot in comparison to the last one. (You should repost that one with this one for a side-by-side). I think this one's depth is great. I still love the colorcast on the first though!

VillenaDeCorte

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    I had posted a shot of this bridge a while back and did not come out too hot as i had edited the hell out of it. I did this reshoot of it, slightly different point of view ( deeper under the bridge in this one) and came out cleaner and better exposed. how does this work?
    Thanks
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

Thanks
    This came out great, Gary. You carried a lot more detail on the bridge supports. Worth the reshoot.
    How many NYC bridges are there?

Very very nice, the light at the far end of the bridge is a little distracting though.

But another 5 stars, im still not sure about those boarders but ;) .

Thanks,
    Villenadecorte,I like the depth of this one as well. You sure do like that original version and it's colorcast huh?
    JJ, thanks again for time to comment. I agree about the light at the far end of the span. . .I'm going to try to bury the brightness a bit. maybe my borders will grow on you ;) . . . or maybe not
    Chunk, thanks for looking. I like the better exposed lower base and detail as well. You did mention the lack of detail in the first post.
    Bridges that go into manhattan. . there are 5. Manhattan, Brooklyn, Queensboro, Williamsburg, and George Washington. New York area bridges would also include. . . Verrazano, Triboro, Whitestone. Then there are a few small spans further uptown.

gary

Just as clarification, I only mean the fine blue on the bridge; I really like the brown 'sunset' that occupies the background.

, you never no about those backgrounds... I think the images make up for them easily anyway ;) .

i feel obliged to reply to this shot

good job.. no great job... very nice photo..... well done

Axena
    Thanks
    Awesome.... great shot... especially if you are from the NY area.... if it were a print, I would buy it!
    Gary S. Latimer
    Axena Productions
    PO Box 1304
    Toms River, NJ 08753
    www.axenaproductions.com
    www.onemodelplace.com/axena
    www.americaundiscovered.com

Quote Originally Posted by Axena
    Awesome.... great shot... especially if you are from the NY area.... if it were a print, I would buy it!
    Thanks for that response, being from toms River, N.J. you are probably familiar with this bridge. I have heard that they will soon be changing all the lights on this span. May have to do another reshoot. ;)

gary

Thread Information