Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Tail light on white

Not a selective colour just tail light against white car on a bright day
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tail light on white-tail-light.jpg  
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Re: Tail light on white

I really like the lines you found, reminds me of a Picasso. The tail lights provide just the right amount of color. I do wish the top curve was more prevalent and that there was more room on the right. But still visually striking.

Thanks Arne the suns position caused the top curve to be a little obscure, I tried to ps a bit of shade in there to high light the curve a bit more but it came out a bit too obvious so I left it as is.
    Pete

I really like the line from upper right to lower left. I like the concept too, with something we all know looked at in a different way. I kind of wish the light wasn't so centered in the frame but I can see how it would need to be to make those nice lines work like that. Over all a good shot!

I would crop out the upper portion where the line disappears, just get rid of it.

Thanks mattb and wfooshee, I considered cropping the image near that point but I preferred the line moving corner to corner even though it becomes a little vague at times.
    Pete

GB1

I like its abstract feeling. I also like the amount of negative space it has.

Some suggestions:

- Remove that groove (metal deformation?) running vertically right below the lower light. Just clone it to be smooth.
    - I'm OK with the dark like (slit), but want it to be consistent throughout, if possible. It starts disappearing at the top, really hurting the clean, abstract feeling.
    - Process here and there to clean up the small imperfections in the reflections, etc. I think this is a good way to go w/ this image because abstractness is what it's all about, so you don't want to draw the viewer's attention away will little stuff.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Tail light on white

Someone suggested to me to white out my tail lights, I personally think it would be sweet. Does any body have any pics of 1g eclipses with

Thanks Greg had a play with your suggestions in PS and the crease removal went ok but extending the black curve to the top right corner proved a bit problematic in getting something that didn't look obviously added. Will try to reply in a less tardy fashion next time.
    Pete

Congrats on the feature. This is a very nice image. I have nothing to add that would improve it.
    I am like Barney Fife, I have a gun but Andy makes me keep the bullet in my pocket..

Sony a99/a7R

Thread Information