• 03-30-2013, 02:04 AM
    hminx
    1 Attachment(s)
    Tail light on white
    Not a selective colour just tail light against white car on a bright day
  • 03-30-2013, 06:07 PM
    arne saknussen
    Re: Tail light on white
    I really like the lines you found, reminds me of a Picasso. The tail lights provide just the right amount of color. I do wish the top curve was more prevalent and that there was more room on the right. But still visually striking.
  • 03-30-2013, 11:46 PM
    hminx
    Thanks Arne the suns position caused the top curve to be a little obscure, I tried to ps a bit of shade in there to high light the curve a bit more but it came out a bit too obvious so I left it as is.
  • 04-01-2013, 09:37 AM
    mattb
    I really like the line from upper right to lower left. I like the concept too, with something we all know looked at in a different way. I kind of wish the light wasn't so centered in the frame but I can see how it would need to be to make those nice lines work like that. Over all a good shot!
  • 04-01-2013, 10:13 AM
    wfooshee
    I would crop out the upper portion where the line disappears, just get rid of it.
  • 04-02-2013, 02:45 AM
    hminx
    Thanks mattb and wfooshee, I considered cropping the image near that point but I preferred the line moving corner to corner even though it becomes a little vague at times.
  • 04-03-2013, 04:32 PM
    GB1
    I like its abstract feeling. I also like the amount of negative space it has.

Some suggestions:

- Remove that groove (metal deformation?) running vertically right below the lower light. Just clone it to be smooth.
    - I'm OK with the dark like (slit), but want it to be consistent throughout, if possible. It starts disappearing at the top, really hurting the clean, abstract feeling.
    - Process here and there to clean up the small imperfections in the reflections, etc. I think this is a good way to go w/ this image because abstractness is what it's all about, so you don't want to draw the viewer's attention away will little stuff.

G
  • 04-27-2013, 09:50 PM
    Linkontrance
    Tail light on white
    Someone suggested to me to white out my tail lights, I personally think it would be sweet. Does any body have any pics of 1g eclipses with
  • 04-27-2013, 11:35 PM
    hminx
    Thanks Greg had a play with your suggestions in PS and the crease removal went ok but extending the black curve to the top right corner proved a bit problematic in getting something that didn't look obviously added. Will try to reply in a less tardy fashion next time.
  • 04-28-2013, 01:18 PM
    Greg McCary
    Congrats on the feature. This is a very nice image. I have nothing to add that would improve it.