Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Some spring flowers

Spring has just arrived, kind of, where I live even though as I am typing this it is only like 5 degrees celsius out. Anyway I took some pictures of some flowers in the forest beside my house and some flowers my mom plans on planting. Enjoy and let me know what you think.

Re: Some spring flowers

love the first and last ones the most. The colours and composition are great. I find the background disturbing in the second one(trash can?), and the moss doesn't it do it for me! Just curious, film or digital, and if film what kind?

I shoot digital. thanks for the comments. I realized the bucket was in the photo right after I took it but I didn't bother taking another.

First Deputy Junior Assitant Guru Roy Latham's Avatar

I think the purple flower (fourth one) is the best. The lighting is perfect and the intruding leaf gives it a natural touch. The bright green splash in the blue flowers (first one) is distracting. It might be better is that were toned down in Photoshop, and the contrast in the flowers brought up a bit.

The tree trunk is confusing. Perhaps it would be better straight on and closer.

A nice sample of springtime.

thanks for the comment. I thought the last one was the best as well. The first one was hard to shoot because it was so close to the ground and there was a lot of distracting stuff around it. Not to sure how to tone down the background yet in photoshop. Any tips?

Thread Information