Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

red beads in window

another shot from the same night as the suit. i tried a few different focal points, most notably on the back wall (like this one) and on the foremost set of beds. this one worked best imo. i liked the red tones, and it makes me feel like i'm at a party or something
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails red beads in window-window_red_beads_lowres.jpg  

This could be a fun part of an abstract series, experimenting with the DOF. As you explained your focus point on this shot, I think you accomplished what you set out to do. My biggest issue with that is the closer beads being so out of focus(again, your intent), they've become distracting. Creative work.

This is pretty cool. To me it looks like beads are raining down rather than hanging. The only thing is that the more blurry ones on the left distract my eye a bit. Maybe a bit more DOF and I think it's the perfect abstract. I also agree this would be cool as a series or triptych.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

series!

thanks for your positive comments. i will revisit and see what a different dof will accomplish. and i'm really interested now in the idea of a series or triptych. this particular shop had a number of different windows based on this theme, so it might be a good candidate for this idea. thanks for suggesting it!

You bet. I'm looking forward to seeing the results of your next journey to this particular store. Abstractions like this are one of my favorite subjects.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

damn

went back to the store last night... they changed the displays ah, well... gotta find another subject for a series

Those bastards!

Bummer dude; I guess these things happen. I wonder... if you have a lighting or glassworks / glass artwork shop nearby... they might have some chandalier type dealies where you can have a similar them to work on.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thread Information