Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Purple illusion

Purple illusion

City shadow's...

Please look carefully.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Purple illusion-p1010025-26.jpg  

I like the colors here and the point of view of the steps. The person at the top of the stairs is a bit lost at first until one notices it. Burning the image in a bit might help it stand out more, which I think would be more powerful. But it is still effective as it is. I would offer a nit pik here in the way of a slight crop. Just enough off the top to eliminate the flourescent fixture at the very top, and the last rafter or support under the roof.. I like the colors here, but I'm wondering how this might look in b&w. Good creative image
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Thanks for the comments gahspidy, I did a crop on the picture but I think you loose the vertical scale aspect of the staircase. Your right about the B&W remark, with out the colours the image wouldn't be nearly as good (at least that’s what I think you meant). But I remember seeing this place and the colours where all you needed, they were quite beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by >JJ<
    City shadow's...

Please look carefully.
    This works so well just as an abstract of beautiful complementary colors, interesting forms and shapes, and all those leading lines. Finally recognizing the figure is a great bonus. I think this is a wall hanger. I think the improvement of Gary's suggested crop would be worth the slight reduction in verticality.
    Very nice.

jj

What an intriguing shot! I adore the color and enticement to futher explore. It makes me want to go up those stairs, but kind of afraid to. It really packs a punch.
    Kit

Wow!, thanks for the comments guys!!, I really appreciate the positivity. You have inspired me to take a few more pictures, I think I will head out tonight. Thanks again!

Thread Information