Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Project

Project

I'd like your thoughts on this.
    What do you think about all of the subjects being cut off?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project-01.jpg  

Hey Chunk..

Quote Originally Posted by Chunk
    I'd like your thoughts on this.
    What do you think about all of the subjects being cut off?
    Hmm, could you give us a little more to go on? Strictly with view to design, yes it works. What are you going for, a collage? In this design, they all have to be cut off for balance. See below...
    Kit
    Last edited by shesells; 09-22-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    Hmm, could you give us a little more to go on? Strictly with view to design, yes it works. What are you going for, a collage? In this design, they all have to be cut off for balance. See below...
    Kit
    Thanks for doing that. It helps to look at it with just the shapes.
    I wanted to have a photo to show the process or conversion more than the finished product. Showing the complete photo,drawing, and stained glass seemed too static (I didn't bother shooting it).

Chunk:

Hmmm....I've been staring at it trying to make a decision. I like the balance of color, and the colors themselves are unique. It is an interesting photo. As for the subjects being cut off...do you have an example of the whole thing?

Chunk

ok, I think I get it. First you did the photo, then made the drawing, then created stained glass from the drawing? Right? if that is true, this is the best way to show it, by all means, don't just document each individual thing..booooooooring. Only thing I'm considering is if the photo should be on top since it was first... hmmm thinking thinking. No, since the stained glass is the finished product then it should go on top. Having a little problem thinking since I'm about to get hit by a category 5 hurricane. lol
    Kit
    BTW That stained glass is nice. So is the photo and so is the painting you did of the photo that you posted in viewfinder under "whats in your office". How talented!

Quote Originally Posted by shesells
    ok, I think I get it. First you did the photo, then made the drawing, then created stained glass from the drawing? Right? if that is true, this is the best way to show it, by all means, don't just document each individual thing..booooooooring. Only thing I'm considering is if the photo should be on top since it was first... hmmm thinking thinking. No, since the stained glass is the finished product then it should go on top. Having a little problem thinking since I'm about to get hit by a category 5 hurricane. lol
    Kit
    BTW That stained glass is nice. So is the photo and so is the painting you did of the photo that you posted in viewfinder under "whats in your office". How talented!
    You caught me Kit. I'm just a one trick pony. Thanks for the compliment.

When I was learning to use Paintshop Pro I started using a picture of this rose that I scanned from an ancient (early 80s) slide to try out all the different features. In the course of learning selection and changing hues the blue rose was one of the verions that I really liked. When I took a stained glass course and needed something to make for a first project, I thought of the blue rose. I did the same when I took an acrylics course and the blue rose was my first painting. Here is a picture of the whole stained glass project.

Keep your head down in the hurricane Kit and stay safe.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Project-02.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Chunk; 08-29-2004 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandi Z
    Chunk:

Hmmm....I've been staring at it trying to make a decision. I like the balance of color, and the colors themselves are unique. It is an interesting photo. As for the subjects being cut off...do you have an example of the whole thing?
    Thanks for looking Sandi. I posted a shot of the whole stained glass in another post in this thread.

Very nice Chunk! I meant to ask you if the acrylic painting in a previous post was your work. A man of many talents.

How long did it take you to create and finish the stained glass piece?
    Lara

Quote Originally Posted by Lara
    Very nice Chunk! I meant to ask you if the acrylic painting in a previous post was your work. A man of many talents.

How long did it take you to create and finish the stained glass piece?
    Thanks Lara. I'm not sure how much time was put into the stained glass. It went kinda slow since I was learning as I was doing it. Probably a couple hours a day for a couple weeks.

Chunk, I like your idea of the image showing the progression of the project. Nice finished project. The only thing that I feel may improve the shot is to fill the top left with a little more of the original rose photo - to fill the frame so to speak.
    Focus on the positive!

Thread Information