Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Nepal's Official Flower

Okay, so this is Nepals flower. The first is the original with the power lines that were in the picture. This is a macro level picture. The second is my very first attempt ever using the clone tool. Please give me a critique on the work I did to remove the power lines and the general layout, composition and colors of the photo. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nepal's Official Flower-nepalflower.jpg   Nepal's Official Flower-nepalflower2.jpg  

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

Re: Nepal's Official Flower

I wouldn't see the lines between the flower petals if you hadn't said you'd cloned and shown the first pic. Must have been a lot of work.
    Not sure why you chose to shoot them against the lines though.
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

It was a spur of the moment picture. I was walking by the tree and saw the pictures as my family were walking away. I threw it quickly into macro mode and snapped the picture and walked away. Didn't realize how nice it turned out until I downloaded it to my computer and decided to commit to removing the power lines once I learned how. heh It was a lot of work, but I'm slightly OCD, so it was fun for me. ;)

ya the funny thing is if you look at the second picture you cant tell, but once you see the first picture, then it tricks your eyes and you can see them in the second one.

the flower is really cool. i'd love to see it from the top down against a black back...i think it would look like fireworks.

Thread Information