Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mona

Re: Mona

I like the hair as well. You might ask your stylist about what the reasons were that it took her more time than usual and make sure you avoid those roadblocks in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy View Post
    Armando, thanks much for that. I too like the facial features of the sceond and hoped that it could work for that reason if for none else. I'm totally with you on the hair!

The shoot was originally intended to last a full day but for a variety of reasons we were pressed for time. We actually got to do 3 dresses and a lingerie pinup look as well.

You are right about the styling changes taking time. The stylist I use was having a rough time of this session ( she is usually very fast and very good) and it took considerable time from the shoot for her to get a few different looks done.

Quote Originally Posted by draper View Post
    I like the hair as well. You might ask your stylist about what the reasons were that it took her more time than usual and make sure you avoid those roadblocks in the future.
    Thank you Draper. Are you saying that you like the hair in that second image from the set of 3?
    Yes, it would be good to head off any se tbacks as you say. We did discuss her difficulties and I think it was just a bad match up between the two.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

I love them all, Not sure I am able to critique this level of work, I see what I like about each image, but can't fault on anything that I'd do differently.
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

GB1

Interesting shots Gary. They seem to have a little pin up, avant garde, and minimalist eras all in one, and I think it works. My fav is the blue outfit, as I love her hips curved out to the side, the way she's looking at something else, her hair and even the processed look. I think it may be better on another 'background' (pasted onto one). But I am not sure how her hands up there like that would fit into a scene ... It may have been better if she was holding something (what? I am not sure). Try a 'Big City' background, a street in the city, and/or a Navy dock with sailors returning from a deployment Oh and the lighting's beautiful on that one.

That middle image is like, wow, don't know if I can process all that! The bottom one's OK but I want to see more of her and less of the negative space.

GB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Killer Gary!

Thanks for your thoughts and time to comment, Peter, GB and Marc.

All in all I guess it wasn't too bad, I just had much higher expectations for this shoot.

Incidentally,the set made the cover of the August Edition of the Webzine "The Fetishistas"

Bitter sweet in that its nice to be there but wish the work had been more impressive...

Worldwide fetish news, features and photography from online magazine TheFetishistas.com

gary

A picture is a present you give yourself shootme's Avatar

Wow Gary, that's great, congratultions, now waiting on that book they mention in the article.
    :thumbsup: Shootme...

Please don't edit and re-post or use my images (not that you'd want to anyway...). without my written permission. Thank you

I hate to be redundant, but I have to ask..., what is it about these photos that leaves you saying, things did not go well? Colors are fantastic, some of the harsh lighting is not my preference, but it all fits with the style of the clothing, makeup, accessories, etc. The shots are razor sharp..., not sure what you do not like. These could easily be advertising shots. Did you have fun doing these?
    Coastal Flyer

:yikes:

Pete, we were'nt expecting that little highlight about Mona and I. I don't know how "near" future that book will be but hopefully someday I'll get it going.

CF, it really was a matter of expectations of the shoot.

Basically what I said in my reply to draymorton.

Thanks

gary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information