Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Macro flower shots

This is a series i took of a bunch of flowers i received, Waht do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Hi Jezz,
    I think these are great subjects and the framing is great. I think the DOF is nice on these. However, I feel they are a bit fuzzy, not as crisp as they could have been. What kind of light did you take these in?
    VillenaDeCorte
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Blog

Art is always and everywhere the secret confession, and at the same time the immortal movement of its time.
    - Marx

I love macro shots of flowers, and I love picture 3. I'm no expert, but the framing is good and the DOF is right on for the type of picture I enjoy. It is a great subject and your angle is very good. Even though the flower is a large part of the frame, its delicacy is still apparent.

Pictures 1 and 2 are a little dark, which is too bad because I know some really fantastic detail is missing in picture 1. That being said, the choice of subject and the framing are very appealing. The purple (?) background looks really good and seems to set a tone for the picture.

I know the colours are different from the original but i think the detail has returned to the dark area. ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I really like what you've done with it. These types of shots (most shots, for that matter), don't have to absolutely record reality. Sometimes you want to bring out one facet of them and make them look more artistic. I think you succeeded here.
    Last edited by opus; 09-10-2004 at 07:29 PM. Reason: um, used the wrong phrase. *DUH*
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Hey you're back!!! what happened to your carrot?

i like these on a few different levels...you're getting a lot closer and paying good attention to detail...I think these could use some adjusting but I think you're well on your way to success with a bit of post processing. the second one you posted with the "different" colors was actually pretty cool!!!

keep it up and don't be a stranger
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

Talking Thank you

for the replys. sorry its been a while since ive had the chance to post, no time on my hands to play wih, as for the carrot, it got the chop in preference of the shot of me taking a shot!
    The reason for these post is my new close up lens i got for my G5, its a +10 and it really gets you right in close, these ahve not been cropped at all, the yellow flower is about the size of your little finger nail.
    And i wont be a stranger any more!

Thread Information