Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Green FootBridge

A shot taken from a Green FootBridge that crosses over some marsh land. Tripod, 28mm, about f11, polarizer. Fuji superia 200. I framed up the bridge in the shot as I felt would emphasize it and it's surroundings. I am satisfied with the result but wonder if anyone might feel it looks over or too composed ( viewing straight down the bridge, too even in the frame, etc. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Green FootBridge-footbridge0504-231605xweb.jpg  
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

This is the one...

This is the one. Of the last three image you have posted this is by far the superior photograph. Amazing color staturation and tone. Love the way you have framed the bridge, very nice line flow with in the image. I think this is an excellent photograph. IMHO if you added a human you would ruin the image and mood you have created. Keep them coming your just getting warmed up.

It's hurricane season... again...
    Hi Gary, I'm always so impressed with the color in your photos. What system are you using again? This is a very nice shot, by the way!

wow thats amazing coloring, the best part of this picture is the shadows the brigde creates
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

I like this a lot Gary. I would almost advocate desaturating the green railings cloesest to you a tiny bit because it is so bright, but I'm not sure on that. Tends to dominate the frame in some respects, but at the same time is very interesting.

The only thing I'd change for sure is your perspective. I'd use the exact same angle and focal length, but I'd boost the tripod up maybe a foot. IOW, get just above the railing, rather than just below it.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thanks for the comments.
    Penny, thanks for the points. Very much appreciated. . .
    Old Timer, thanks as always for the time to comment, and especially glad you mentioned your thoughts about a human subject as I feel the same.
    youngshooter, thanks for your thoughts. Glad you like this.
    Puckjunkey ( Digital Man. . ),I agree with your suggestion on shooting from a higher viewpoint. It's just something I do and not sure why but always like the low view point. but i think I will start using the third extensions in my tripods legs and see what i come up with
    Kkraczek, thanks for the good words. I use a Canon elan7 with a set of Tamron lenses. Usually fuji superia 200 or reala 100, or kodak Royal supra 200.Just recently started using a polarizing filter for sky or reflective shots. As far as editing, I never use saturation , but always up the contrast somewaht using the curves adjustment and shadows and highlights. upping the contrasts a bit can go a long way to sharpening the colors without actually saturating them.

by the way, if anyone remembers some pics i posted of "Two stone Posts"( the ones i seemed to be obsessed with ) those are the posts at the end of this footbridge.

gary

Re: the "Digital Man" thing... you ever listen to Rush?

Great tune.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Quote Originally Posted by PuckJunkey
    Re: the "Digital Man" thing... you ever listen to Rush?

Great tune.
    Absolutely, It's been a long time since I heard Geddy Lee, but I had listen to lots of the older stuff " Bytor the Snow Dog" ( not sure if i got that name correct) Digital Man among lots of great songs.Also grew up with " Yes" the group. of course led Zep. my all time favorite. . .
    Nowadays i listen to some of the newer, recent groups, but none of them seem to have the staying power of the older classic bands . . .
    Been listening to RadioHead lately and lovin it.
    To tell you the truth, i had not thoight of the song when you useed the Digital Man in the avatar, but now that you bring it up , it has a deeper meaning and appeal

gary

When you think about it, Rush was pretty well ahead of their time both in terms of their message and their sound. Particularly the stuff that came out in the early 80s (Moving Pictures, Signals, Grace Under Pressure). As for more recent bands, the only one I've listened to that I suspect will stand the test of time (decades) is Pearl Jam, and even there only one or two albums. Heard a lot of good things about Radio Head too but never bought any of their CDs.
    D200 = Digital F100
    I have achieved nirvana.

Thread Information