Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

End of the Row X Post

This is a cross post from viewfinder. I had posted this image last Saturday just as kind of a slice of Kentucky life. It didn't create any comment there. I thought it might be because it lacked merit as a photograph. So I will post it here to get your comments. This image is of a local tobacco field in mid harvest. The plants have been cut and spreared onto sticks to be hung in a barn for dryng and curing. I call this one, "End of the Row". D70 with 18-70 kit lense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails End of the Row  X Post-end-row.jpg  

Hhmmm, wonder if this is a field of some fine Kentucky Burleys soon to be in my pipe . . . . .
    I think a higher point of view would give us a better view out over the fields and to see the depth. And less harsh lighting. I like the orangecooler and the sticks layed out nxt to it. Gives a good contrast and added element of interest.
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Your right

Quote Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Hhmmm, wonder if this is a field of some fine Kentucky Burleys soon to be in my pipe . . . . .
    I think a higher point of view would give us a better view out over the fields and to see the depth. And less harsh lighting. I like the orangecooler and the sticks layed out nxt to it. Gives a good contrast and added element of interest.
    You are sure right about the light it was high noon and I was on the road and the scene caught my eye. Did a U turn and stopped and got a couple of shots. Would have like to had early morning light here, I was shoting to the west. Couldn't do any thing about the lay of the land. I like you liked the cooler left by the tobacco cutters at the end of the row and I liked the pile of unused sticks. As I was leaving about 1/8 mile down the road I meet a whole pickup load of cutters headed back to the field after going to lunch. If my wife and daughter hadn't been urging me to get them something to eat I would have made another U turn and gotten them in the process of cutting, could have made some interesting shots.

A little different look...

Here is a little different look at the same subject. "Row After Row"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails End of the Row  X Post-row-after-row-2.jpg  

Opinionated Newbie
    I feel guilty enjoying photoshop so much. I'm wondering what this would look like if the tree were not there.

Thread Information