End of the Row X Post

Printable View

• 08-19-2004, 07:43 AM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    End of the Row X Post
    This is a cross post from viewfinder. I had posted this image last Saturday just as kind of a slice of Kentucky life. It didn't create any comment there. I thought it might be because it lacked merit as a photograph. So I will post it here to get your comments. This image is of a local tobacco field in mid harvest. The plants have been cut and spreared onto sticks to be hung in a barn for dryng and curing. I call this one, "End of the Row". D70 with 18-70 kit lense.
  • 08-19-2004, 08:28 AM
    gahspidy
    Hhmmm, wonder if this is a field of some fine Kentucky Burleys soon to be in my pipe . . . . .
    I think a higher point of view would give us a better view out over the fields and to see the depth. And less harsh lighting. I like the orangecooler and the sticks layed out nxt to it. Gives a good contrast and added element of interest.
  • 08-19-2004, 08:47 AM
    Old Timer
    Your right
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gahspidy
    Hhmmm, wonder if this is a field of some fine Kentucky Burleys soon to be in my pipe . . . . .
    I think a higher point of view would give us a better view out over the fields and to see the depth. And less harsh lighting. I like the orangecooler and the sticks layed out nxt to it. Gives a good contrast and added element of interest.

You are sure right about the light it was high noon and I was on the road and the scene caught my eye. Did a U turn and stopped and got a couple of shots. Would have like to had early morning light here, I was shoting to the west. Couldn't do any thing about the lay of the land. I like you liked the cooler left by the tobacco cutters at the end of the row and I liked the pile of unused sticks. As I was leaving about 1/8 mile down the road I meet a whole pickup load of cutters headed back to the field after going to lunch. If my wife and daughter hadn't been urging me to get them something to eat I would have made another U turn and gotten them in the process of cutting, could have made some interesting shots.
  • 08-19-2004, 12:29 PM
    Old Timer
    1 Attachment(s)
    A little different look...
    Here is a little different look at the same subject. "Row After Row"
  • 08-19-2004, 12:33 PM
    Todd Patten
    I feel guilty enjoying photoshop so much. I'm wondering what this would look like if the tree were not there.