Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: My Cat (Sassy)

My Cat (Sassy)

hey yall, havent been on here in a long while sorry about that, ive been at camp for 9 weeks and i finally got some of my pictures developed, what do u think
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails My Cat (Sassy)-99999999999999999999999999c.jpg  
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

can i get some comments please, dont hate me cause ive been gone for so long
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

Young...

Quote Originally Posted by Young Shooter
    hey yall, havent been on here in a long while sorry about that, ive been at camp for 9 weeks and i finally got some of my pictures developed, what do u think
    The first think is wow what a beautiful room.. that floor, the wall color. Oh sorry, I'm in the middle of re-decorating so that stuffs on my mind. Now for Sassy... those eyes are amazing. I love the way you caught the light coming in on her but I wish it could be just a little softer. But then, I couldn't see the room as well! Honestly, it's really a nice shot of your kitty, very warm, very calming.
    ~ Kit

very nice. i wish that my dogs would stay still long enough for a photo like this.

a few thoughts...a softer image may give even more 'warmth'. also, a softer background would allow the cat with those amazing eyes to better pop-out to the viewer. i like that you got down on her eye level to take the photo.

and it's not there and too late (?), but i had this thought that you put a mouse (fake one!) in the extreme foreground on the right corner where she's looking and redo the image--could add a story to the photo and would really play-up the perspective.

cheers.

Opinionated Newbie
    Youngun -- Very nice shot. The eyes of the cat are highlighted because of their almost exact match with the color of the light and the color of the floor. Nice catch

Now, I wonder how it would look if you trimed a bit off the top. I personally like the "wide screen" look. Softening up may be a possibility but I don't think it's absolutely necessary.

Thread Information