Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    MB1

That ducky sunrise

I took over 100 images (love digital) of the sunrising behind the Washington Monument. The sky colors and the reflections in the pool kept changing. It was really hard to pick just one image. I finally did decide on the 4 duck shot that I posted earlier but they were all good.

Thanks for all the comments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails That ducky sunrise-oct-13-2004-069-2-.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Seb

Re: That ducky sunrise

Quote Originally Posted by MB1
    I took over 100 images (love digital) of the sunrising behind the Washington Monument. The sky colors and the reflections in the pool kept changing. It was really hard to pick just one image. I finally did decide on the 4 duck shot that I posted earlier but they were all good.

Thanks for all the comments.
    Hello again MB1,

I think that they are all remarkable (except for the second one which I find somewhat ordinary) but my favorite certainly is the first of this series. Talk about getting moody!! The contrast of colors in the sky is truly unique. I can't recall having seen anything similar ever.

regards

Seb

Seb

Quote Originally Posted by Seb
    Hello again MB1,

I think that they are all remarkable (except for the second one which I find somewhat ordinary) but my favorite certainly is the first of this series. Talk about getting moody!! The contrast of colors in the sky is truly unique. I can't recall having seen anything similar ever.

regards

Seb
    Hmm well, I have to withdraw my original comment regarding the second of this series. It is actually quite remarkable too. I think that you composed it well and the reflections of the water in the foreground add a lot of visual strenght to the picture.

I can understand why you had an hard time choosing a favorite out of this series.

Seb

very very awsome colors, it looks so good, it looks fake. what camera do u use
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

Any good photographer will tell you, the camera isn't as important as your skills in PS are.
    Amazing, amazing scenery... wish I could'a been there my self.

you even got the capitol buliding in there---that last one is quite amazing...i think the ducks swimming are a very nice element to tie you in to the shot...

well done
    "I was not trying to be shocking, or to be a pioneer.
    I wasn't trying to change society, or to be ahead of my time.
    I didn't think of myself as liberated, and I don't believe that I did anything important.
    I was just myself. I didn't know any other way to be, or any other way to live."
    Bettie Page

My Temp site...

To tell u the truth its alot to do with the lens and im wondering what camera he used in such like a digital or a film or what
    ~Something is nothing~
    ~Nothing is somthing~

MB1

Canon EOS D10

Quote Originally Posted by Young Shooter
    To tell u the truth its alot to do with the lens and im wondering what camera he used in such like a digital or a film or what
    I was using either a EF Canon 28-135mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS lens or the Canon EF 16-35mm 1:2.8 I pretty much always use manual settings and raw images. I will vary the exposure a lot to get the range of colors I have shown here.

I capture it all on the new Lexar 4GB CF card. I don't use photo shop for the things I post on the net, I usually just crop, resize and boost the color a little bit for good on screen visuals. For printing I usually tone down the saturation a bit.

Thread Information