Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.
    learning member

Not a great place to be for a sunrise !

Secunda is not one of the greatest places to be to capture a sunrise ! But i gave it a shot .
    What do you think .
    Only put a little frame in photoshop round the photo

james
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hey James,
    I like the colors in this image, ofcourse, as they are the deep orange tones that we all love from a sunrise. But I feel the image is crying out for some interesting silhouettes. You have a good one there already, but you placed it so far to the left as to just about cut of the bottom of it that it seems like just a secondary object with the focus being on just the colors. try this again but next time make that electrical tower the subject. Get closer to it so it so it fills the frame to the top and focus sharply on it. Also try it as a vertical shot to really bring that whole tower into the frame ( but don't quite center it leave it a bit over to the left more than center And also wait for the sun to just peak up over the horizon
    Of course ou do it as you see best, but I feel you just need a strong silhouette here against those colors. . . my two cents
    please do not edit and repost my photos

gary

Quote Originally Posted by jcharris
    Secunda is not one of the greatest places to be to capture a sunrise ! But i gave it a shot .
    What do you think .
    Only put a little frame in photoshop round the photo

james
    Beautiful color. I have to agree with Gary that some more silhouette would be an improvement. I see some bushes on the horizon. If any nearby have an interesting shape you could perhaps include it by getting closer to the ground soits form would extend into the sky.

learning member
    Thanks Gary and Chunk

For the ideas , i will give it another shot .Never actually thought to do a vertical shot . Think that is a good idea .

Thanks again

regards
    james

Thread Information