Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Belly Dancer

GB1

Belly Dancer

A belly dancer from LA. A friend told me that I need to inject more action/energy into my shots, so I'm now working on that.

Comments are welcome.

Gb

Name:  DSC_4816_post_1400.jpg
Views: 839
Size:  106.1 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Belly Dancer

GB,

Interesting photo but I feel there is something wrong but not my area of expertise so take this at face value.

I think it needs to be a complete body shot and possibly at a lower shutter speed to get some movement, the material on her head looks like a fancy hat and to posed.

Perhaps pulling back a bit and getting blurred material, arms or legs would help.

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

GB1

Thanks Roger. I agree that it would have been better if I had the whole body in. Motion a bit dicier: it depends on her speed of twist, distance from camera, zoom level, etc. on how good a shot you get. Motion can make it look so extra dimensional, but blur in the wrong spot can also ruin a shot. Alas, I will try it next time to see if can get a feel for the technicalities.

The shot may also be a tad flat in lighting. She liked it, anyway.

G
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.

My Site

Hi! It's very beautiful photo as a painting picture, thanks.

Managed and Captured picture really well.

Sort of rain gloves soaking wet gloves but even in rain.I get yourself some good grip but even they when it rains all weather conditions and then there comes a fourball with the MacWets www.golferexpert.com/. These are not the same "gripe" and Lamkin full cord Crossline full cord (obsolete grip on order for the rain gloves and may have a wrap shape prevent it is a tacky grip

Beautiful! ^_^

Yeah i think it looks quite good if you wanted it to look static and posed. Maybe also not to put fabric so close to her head because i agree with Roger it looks like weird hat and adds to the feeling of posed picture.

Thread Information