Photo Critique Forum

Please post no more than five images a day and respond to as many images as you post. Critics, please be constructive, specific, and nice! Moderated by gahspidy and mtbbrian.
Featured Photo
Photo by hminx

Photo by hminx
Featured Photo Archive >>
By posting on the Photo Critique forum you agree to post only your own photos, be respectful, and give back as much as you receive. This is a moderated forum and anything abusive or off-topic will be removed.

Thread: Downtown Bridge

GB1

Downtown Bridge

Up early to get this. Comments welcome. I wish there was a moon in the upper right side sky.

G

Name:  DSC_1809_10_11_tonemapped_1200.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  279.9 KB
    Photography Software and Post Processing Forum Moderator. Visit here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Feel free to edit and repost my photos as part of your critique.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Site

Re: Downtown Bridge

Come on..I like it without the moon..
    Looks nice, I'd like to visit this place

GB1

Thanks Leona. I've ran over this bridge many times on early morning runs, sometimes during incredible sunrises. I had meant to catch come back and photograph it at sunrise, and finally did; alas, the sunrise was pretty drab Monday, just luck of the draw. So I'm happy with the shot considering.

Welcome to the site, also. Yeah, nice place to visit, and a lot warmer than Canada. They could have just put up a regular bridge here, but decided to design it like a sail. Good for photographers.

My Site

There ya go GB, it was there all the time you just never noticed it......
    Seriously. This is a nice shot I like the way the lines lead into the shot and the way the load bearer cable moves away.
    Nice job of the exposure and tones as well. Tack sharp with only a little noise in the sky.
    All in all a very nice image
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Downtown Bridge-edit.jpg  
    Pete

Isn't it a cool thing in nature that the colours never seem to clash...

I have no issues with you editing my photos

Nice shot! I like it better without the moon, too. It's a little distracting when it's there.

GB1

Ha .. Pete, that moon's a bit big there ya?, looks a little like a sci fi movie (where the moon in the sky is the size of a warehouse. Can you imagine the tidal effect? Free yoga).

It's actually a 3 pic HDR though it really didn't need it. I wish the lines were leading to something a bit more interesting. Oh well.

Thanks for chiming in Chirp. Maybe just white text in the upper left or right areas (meaning, published ) would complete it.

G

My Site

Quote Originally Posted by GB1 View Post
    Thanks Leona. I've ran over this bridge many times on early morning runs, sometimes during incredible sunrises. I had meant to catch come back and photograph it at sunrise, and finally did; alas, the sunrise was pretty drab Monday, just luck of the draw. So I'm happy with the shot considering.

Welcome to the site, also. Yeah, nice place to visit, and a lot warmer than Canada. They could have just put up a regular bridge here, but decided to design it like a sail. Good for photographers.
    Thnx a lot) I hope that I'll visit it)
    “There are no bad pictures; that's just how your face looks sometimes.”―Abraham Lincoln

hanks Leona. I've ran over this bridge many times on early morning runs, sometimes during incredible sunrises. I had meant to catch come back and photograph it at sunrise, and finally did; alas, the sunrise was pretty drab Monday, just luck of the draw. So I'm happy with the shot considering.

عاطف رضا

I prefer the original without the moon, it is an interesting view with some beautiful colours and makes me think of leading into the town in the distance.

Good photo

Roger R.
    "I hope we will never see the day when photo shops sell little schema grills to clamp onto our viewfinders; and the Golden Rule will never be found etched on our ground glass." from The mind's eye by Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Web Site: www.readingr.com

DSLR
    Canon 5D; EF100-400 F4.5-5.6L IS USM; EF24-70 F2.8L USM 50mm F1.8 II; EF 100 F2.8 Macro
    Digital
    Canon Powershot Pro 1; Canon Ixus 100

looks good! really like the lighting on the bridge. How did you enhance that?

GB1

Nicole - Thanks for the comment. This one's an HDR, but doesn't look significantly different than one of the regular exposures. No other enhancements here, I guess the bridge just looks like that normally.

My Site

Looks nice, I'd like to visit this place

Great shot!
    Its really good view.

Thread Information