Need opinions on Smugmug

Looking for opinions on Smugmug for selling photos and what do you thing of their service and quality of their prints? I have been using Shutterfly and like their work but am now looking for someone to make a site and sell pictures with, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Need opinions on Smugmug

Hey i am on smugmug - natenickels.smugmug.com check out my page! I have not set up anything to get prints from on the site however. I would rather deal with local print companies where i can walk in and talk the talk.

Have Cameras. Will Shoot! NaturalWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Looking for opinions on Smugmug for selling photos and what do you thing of their service and quality of their prints? I have been using Shutterfly and like their work but am now looking for someone to make a site and sell pictures with, Jeff
    smugmug uses 2 independent printers. i haven't tried them yet, but i do have a smugmug account. they don't do the printing themselves.
    Happily photographing within my camera's limitations.Website

Stop Or I'll Shoot Photography Lori11's Avatar

I use smugmug, the photos I have sold through there were well recieved by the customer, since I shoot mostly race photography I sell by CD and I mail them myself. I did get good comments about their work from my customer though!

I sell many prints on my smugmug account. Quality of their prints are to notch.

I use Smugmug and I've been really happy with the quality of their prints- they use Bay Photo, which many other services use as well. Also, the have easy customization and great customer service.

Having the service has been a good thing for me this year, because it's opened up some new markets and business possibilities. So yes, I'd highly recommend Sumgmug.
    Daniel H. Bailey's Adventure Photography Blog
    -Exploring the world of outdoor photography with tips, news, imagery and insight.

Become a Fan for new imagery, exclusive discounts and great outdoor photography content!
    Brand new eBook: Making The Image- A Conceptual Guide for Creating Stronger Photographs.

Thread Information