Need opinions on Smugmug

Printable View

• 04-04-2010, 07:50 PM
    Grandpaw
    Need opinions on Smugmug
    Looking for opinions on Smugmug for selling photos and what do you thing of their service and quality of their prints? I have been using Shutterfly and like their work but am now looking for someone to make a site and sell pictures with, Jeff
  • 04-04-2010, 08:33 PM
    Themage
    Re: Need opinions on Smugmug
    Hey i am on smugmug - natenickels.smugmug.com check out my page! I have not set up anything to get prints from on the site however. I would rather deal with local print companies where i can walk in and talk the talk.
  • 04-08-2010, 06:47 AM
    NaturalWoman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    Looking for opinions on Smugmug for selling photos and what do you thing of their service and quality of their prints? I have been using Shutterfly and like their work but am now looking for someone to make a site and sell pictures with, Jeff

smugmug uses 2 independent printers. i haven't tried them yet, but i do have a smugmug account. they don't do the printing themselves.
  • 05-28-2010, 05:51 PM
    Lori11
    I use smugmug, the photos I have sold through there were well recieved by the customer, since I shoot mostly race photography I sell by CD and I mail them myself. I did get good comments about their work from my customer though!
  • 06-13-2010, 03:57 AM
    Eric D
    I sell many prints on my smugmug account. Quality of their prints are to notch.
  • 12-22-2010, 08:46 AM
    Danbaileyphoto
    I use Smugmug and I've been really happy with the quality of their prints- they use Bay Photo, which many other services use as well. Also, the have easy customization and great customer service.

Having the service has been a good thing for me this year, because it's opened up some new markets and business possibilities. So yes, I'd highly recommend Sumgmug.