Pentax and K-Mount Cameras Forum

Pentax Cameras Forum For discussing Pentax cameras and all K-Mount SLRs, including Pentax and Samsung digital SLRs. Your Pentax Cameras Forum moderator is ken1953.
Pentax Digital SLR Reviews >>
Samsung Digital SLR Reviews >>
Pentax 35mm SLR Reviews >>
All Pentax Product Reviews >>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Thread

Javier started a nice thread for one of my favorite lenses, the Sigma 10-20mm. I thought I'd start a similar thread for the Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 I haven't had this lens very long, but I'm becoming more and more impressed with it.

Everyone please feel welcome to post examples from this lens!

I have a friend that cleans up pitted and faded headlights. Check out these before and after pics!

This one has a little adjustment ;)

Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

Re: Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Thread

About a month ago, I went on a day trip to the Uintah Mountains with my brother, dad, and dog.

My brother:

Dad:

Otto:

The lake:

Jim R

Canon 5D mkII - Canon 17-40mm f/4L, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Canon 70-200 f/2.8L, Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro

The red headed step child jgredline's Avatar

Jim, Great Idea.
    I do not have anything recent, but will take out my Tammy today and the rest of this week.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    διοτι το γνωστον του θεου φανερον εστιν εν αυτοις ο γαρ θεος αυτοις εφανερωσεν
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Just Pentax?

Did you want this to be a Pentax-only thread? Because lots of us have this lens. But lots of us have it in mounts other than Pentax. I'd like to move the thread to ViewFinder and open it up. But only with your permission.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

Re: Just Pentax?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    Did you want this to be a Pentax-only thread? Because lots of us have this lens. But lots of us have it in mounts other than Pentax. I'd like to move the thread to ViewFinder and open it up. But only with your permission.
    Sounds good to me! The more, the merrier!
    Jim R

Pentax Forum Moderator

Re: Just Pentax?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo-John
    John, Actually, I'm glad you brought this up, because I'd been thinking about this. I'd love to start a project on here where we have different threads for different favorite pieces of equipment. Examples would be lenses, incl. the lenses that have already been started, "Pentax" cameras (since this is the pentax forum, but the other forums could do something for their readers), etc.

As for "lenses", since many crossover, I'd love to host the threads on the Pentax forum, for all the crossover lenses.

Any suggestions you may have would be great.

I'll be writing up a sticky shortly for our Pentax gear.
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

I pulled out my Tamron 28-75 F/2.8 this morning and shot a few flowers on my way to work. It was a nice cloudy morning so I had good light. I was using my sons K100D Super for these since it was handy...
    No time for cropping or PP just resizing...

Gosh, I had forgotten what a truly wonderful lens this is.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ
    αποκαλυπτεται γαρ οργη θεου απ ουρανου επι πασαν ασεβειαν και αδικιαν ανθρωπων των την αληθειαν εν αδικια κατεχοντων
    τα γαρ αορατα αυτου απο κτισεως κοσμου τοις ποιημασιν νοουμενα καθοραται η τε αιδιος αυτου δυναμις και θειοτης εις το ειναι αυτους αναπολογητους

Great shots, #1 is by far my favorite
    Jim R

May the force be with you Canuck935's Avatar

Yes yes I have a version of this lens too, but not for Pentax. Is this thread still Pentax only?

Here is one more from this morning.
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Ok, a few more and I am done for now.
    My cell phone

A racing spark plug....

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Pentax Forum Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck935
    Yes yes I have a version of this lens too, but not for Pentax. Is this thread still Pentax only?
    Yes, Canuck, please feel free to post. It's always nice to compare and contrast different equipment.
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Great b&w's, Javier. It's amazing how fast the focus falls of when it's at 2.8!
    Jim R

Quote Originally Posted by spiraleyes
    Great b&w's, Javier. It's amazing how fast the focus falls of when it's at 2.8!
    I made sure to point out it was at F/2.8 because context is even important in photography. F/2.8 works great for low light portraits, head shots, flowers where much bokeh is required etc...
    εὐχαριστέω σύ

Here are a few more.

εὐχαριστέω σύ

εὐχαριστέω σύ

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Yes, Canuck, please feel free to post. It's always nice to compare and contrast different equipment.
    Ken
    Hooray!!

My 28-75 f/2.8 went climbing with me recently. Here's one of my buddy Jon, 1/800 @ f/4 with fill flash at 28mm.

_DSC0145

Pentax Forum Moderator

Awesome shot canuck. How far up was were the 2 of you??? Looks like he's having a great time. Let's see some more.
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

I took these last night. I'm starting to figure out how to get nice sharp pics with this lens

Jim R

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Awesome shot canuck. How far up was were the 2 of you??? Looks like he's having a great time. Let's see some more.
    Hi, thanks for the comments. I'd say we were really high but this was really only about 8 feet off the ground. I stood on a rock right next to the climb and also shot close to my subject. This allowed me to shoot out towards the distant landscape to give an illusion of height. Sometimes you just gotta fake it haha. :aureola:

A few from today:

Jim R

My addition
    Pentax K10D w/battery grip
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

Pentax Forum Moderator

Hi John, Don't know whats going on, but the picture doesn't seem to be coming through. Can you check out the url and make sure it's correct.
    Thank you.
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Sorry about that

Pentax K10D w/battery grip
    Sigma 10-20mm F4-5,6 EX DC, Pentax smc P-DA 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 - Pentax DA 50mm f/1.4 - Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 - Sigma APO 70-200mm f2.8 EX DG HSM Macro -Pentax AF 540 FGZ - Gary Fong "Lightshpere" (cloud & clear)

www.johnrender.com

project forum co-moderator Frog's Avatar

I see some nice stuff but do wish the thread would get moved so other people with other than Pentax would see it.
    I wouldn't have looked except the title said Tamron so was interested to see what the lens does..
    Keep Shooting!

CHECK OUT THE PHOTO PROJECT FORUM
    http://forums.photographyreview.com/...splay.php?f=34

Please refrain from editing my photos without asking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information