PhotographyREVIEW.com Off-Topic Forum

Anything that's not related to photography, except religion and politics*. Discuss Britney Spears, your Kiss records, swing dancing, salsa recipes. The Off-Topic forum is moderated by walterick and adina.
*Religious and political threads will be deleted
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Any Idol fans?

Somewhere north of US 10 and east of Wausau, WI, USA

Re: Any Idol fans?

Quote Originally Posted by walterick
    Lucky duck. Mine was Weird Al Yankovich at the Rusty Rudder, Dewey Beach Delaware. I was a freshman in high school

Dude, I haven't listened to Primus in ages! Did you know he tried out for the bass position in Metallica after Cliff?
    My first concert was my freshman year of college when Marian brought in Nine Days (bleh!!). I missed Blessid Union of Souls by 1 year, and they've generally gotten worse. They had Better than Ezra, Emerson Drive (which was actually pretty good), Tonic's Acostic Tour, and this year was Motion City Soundtrack (good thing I graduated...not my thing).

I think my favorite concert, though, was Rascal Flatts at Country USA last year. They should be even better this year.
    Sean Massey
    Massey Photography

Canon 20D
    Canon Digital Rebel XT (backup)
    Canon 70-200 f/2.8L
    Canon 50mm f/1.4
    Sigma 28-105 f/2.8-4.0
    Epson Stylus Photo R1800 Printer

Blog:
    IT 4 Photography

nature/wildlife co-moderator paulnj's Avatar

I am listen to wutang clan right now, but before that was... pantera hollow/ demons, george jones he stopped../ choices/king is gone/ ******* song(hillarious), mary J Blige, ministry, fear factory.... Man do I love music!

I just can't stand the power ballad chicks and elliot ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Well now that Chris is gone there is no true winner!!! Taylor couldn't dance his way out of a paper sack he would just rip it to pieces...my granddaughter could dance better than he does. Kat is real iffy and Elliot I think will win just cuz they all feel sorry for him. That is what most of my coworkers think also....this year has been so unpredictable that who knows who is next on the chopping block. I and Ken don't see eye to eye on music or stage performance, who he thinks is good I think is horrible. I have always said Ken is deaf in both ears and blind in both eyes hehehe !!!!

Kim

I found this today while going through a box of crap I moved in with 8 years ago. It was inside a coat I couldn't find for 8 years ;)

I remember that night quite well ;)

PHILCORE baby!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Idol fans?-ticket.jpg  
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

"Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both" - Benjamin Franklin

Pentax Forum Moderator

Taylor's got my vote...I just saw his concert at his home town and he was playing the same 'strat that I have....he's now #1 in my book!!!!! hahahahaha
    Ken
    Ken

Click these links for the K5 Review Page and the K7 Review Page
    Remember, Reviews help keep our site free!!!

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Talking Re: Any Idol fans?

I think it's time to have a garage sale and sell that Strat!!!

Kim

I'll start the bid at $100

LATER ELLIOT, BYE BYE KATHERINE TOO ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Viewfinder and Off-Topic Co-Mod walterick's Avatar

$125! ;)

I am glad finally the person I thought would go actually went!

I dunno, 33% each, that's a perfect division. It really could have gone either way tonight. And that makes it impossible to call the finale next week.
    Walter Rick Long
    Nikon Samurai, Mamiya Master, Velvia Bandit

Check out the Welcome Thread

My photography on Myspace

Sadly, I think all the tone deaf folks who voted for yodel boy will now vote for Katherine, but Taylor is the best of the 2.

So who thinks elliot got his grill fixed other than me ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Pentax Forum Moderator

He definitely looked a bit different last night. I think you may be right Paul...
    $125, I think I'll hang on to it...cuz after Taylor takes it all, I'll get him to autograph it and then sell it for $125K!!! hahahahaha...
    As for garage sales...I might have to put an upstart "wife" up on EBAY!!!!! Do I hear .25 cents??? hahaha (turn about is fair play) hehe
    Ken
    Ken

The K-Teams Updated Logo CLICK HERE to add a link. Many thanx go to Axle for his hard work.

Nikon Samurai #20

Can she cook rare beef? If so, I bid $500 with a pre nuptual that the camera gear stay in my family ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

I want Taylor to win but I think Katherine will take it. Taylor has a specific audience and Katherine probably has more general appeal.

This reminds me of the last two last year. Bice has a specific audience and Underwood had general appeal to the AI demographic.

You have to think about who will Elliot fans vote for now he is not there?

I'm forced to watch this stuff with the rest of the family on Tuesday and Wednesdays....I can't change the channel. I get out voted.
    Last edited by poker; 05-18-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Poster Formerly Known as Michael Fanelli mwfanelli's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manacsa
    This reminds me of the last two last year. Bice has a specific audience and Underwood had general appeal to the AI demographic.
    Carrie Underwood was a much better singer than a lot of people gave her credit for. That country western stuff certainly put off a few (like me!) but she has done extremely well and, IMHO, has turned out to be one of two biggies that have come off of win in this show (Clarkson the other).

Last year, either Bo or Carrie would have been a great choice. This year, its the lesser of two evils. It is my prediction (weird psychic music here) that the winner this year will fade away quickly just like some previous winners have.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." --Mark Twain

Unhappy Re: Any Idol fans?

Well I guess since I am not getting much for the guitar I may have to throw in the Pentax and see if I can get alittle more out of his stuff since he has me up on the block now ....yes I can cook rare beef....:thumbsup:.

Kim

Notice I thought you were 5X as valuable as the guitar and I don't even know you ;)

Sorry Ken, time for you to cook your own meals . Kim were shall I send the money
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Pentax Forum Moderator

Actually Rick...shhh...don't tell her...she's worth a trillion times the 'Strat!!! hehe...actually, the cooking is no prob...but, I guess I'll have to keep her since she's my only dishwasher/pharmacist combination and they are hard to find!!!!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Ken , you are a smart man!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Well, we are disappointed in the song choices tonight. Katherine played the same songs over again and Taylor went off doing songs nobody knew. He really shoulda torn it up Taylor style on his last one. But they both stunk it up with their last songs imo. It's a tossup tonight! I don't who America will vote for!

The munchkin wants to add: "Taylor screwed it up." So there you have it.

Anxious for tomorrow night's episode!

Rick
    Walter Rick Long

Sorry, but Taylor was the clear winner.

My dog started howling and ran away when katherine sang her sings!!!!!
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

I saw a poll on CNN this morning that had Taylor picked to be the winner. I don't remember the actual # but over 80% of the people picked him to take it all.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

We can't trust what we see on CNN ;) That's all government smoke and mirrors.. hahaha I do agree with that poll though!

Tonight will be very intersting indeed. I can't see Katherine ever making a hit album, but I can see her doing a song for the next shrek movie ;) That's her calling if you ask me, because she sucks as a top 40 artist of today. Did we all forget her tiny crowd when she went home? High school assembly and a family BBQ? I bet those kids were thrilled to get out of class, but didn't care for her ! Free eats, sure I will come over and get on TV;)

Taylor on the otherhand....

He may not be my pick from the top 12, but clearly blew Katherine away in song, voice, showmanship, stage presence and personality!!! His fan base at home was OVERWHELMING too!

SOUL PATROL SOUL PATROL ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Pentax Forum Moderator

Somewhere, Over the Rainbow, there is an actual IDOL, but not last night!!!! I've already posted my disdain for Katharines version... :/ Taylor definitely stunk and the judges just tried to win votes to come back next year!!!!! Of course, I have to admit...they didn't have much to choose from...
    Enough of my soapbox...hope I don't jinx him, but I did get in 2 votes on 06 last night...first time I ever voted!!! hehehe...we'll see tonight!!!
    Ken
    Ken

Nikon Samurai #20

Well, I do tend to agree , but he didn't stink. He was better than average last night, but wouldn't be my pick from the top 12 ;)

BTW.. Who did you think was the best in the top 12 again , and how does your BETTER HALF vote ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Quote Originally Posted by ken1953
    Enough of my soapbox...hope I don't jinx him, but I did get in 2 votes on 06 last night...first time I ever voted!!! hehehe...we'll see tonight!!!
    Ken
    Ken I called for an hour and half last night for Taylor and only got through 7 times If that's any indicator, he's in!

I agree they both had bad nights last night. I disagree with Paul about Katherine recording a hit record. Remember in the studio they can do as many takes as they need ;) And Taylor doesn't have the kind of voice I would like on CD but I would love to see him live

I think Taylor's fan base is larger than Katherine's, like Paul was saying. I noticed her small homecoming too I think he'll take it tonight. But, as we all know...

WHAT WE THINK DOESN'T MATTER
    Walter Rick Long

Who buys CDs??

Whatever you say Mr showtunes lover ;) Sooooomewheeeeere over the mississippi there's a guy who likes show tunes ;)
    CAMERA BIRD NERD #1

BIRD NERD O'CANON

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information