Nikon Camera Equipment Forum

Discuss Nikon digital cameras, Nikon film cameras, Nikkor lenses, Nikon camera accessories, etc. - Your Nikon cameras forum moderator is Franglais.
Nikon Review Index >>
Nikon Digital SLR Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Zoom Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Nikkor Prime Lens Reviews >>
Nikon Camera News, Pro Reviews & Articles >>

Opinions about the New Nikon D7000

I would be interested in hearing opinions about the D7000 especially if you own one, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Re: Opinions about the New Nikon D7000

Have you checked the reviews and the Nikon forum, Jeff? Have you seen my preview videos / article? I don't own the D7000 but I've had one on loan from Nikon for a while and I've been very happy with it.
    Photo-John

Your reviews are the foundation of this site - Write A Review!

I thought about getting one too, but I heard Nikon is going to release updated versions for the D3/D300 series and some new pro level DSLR fourth quarter of this year. I'm going to wait and see what happens with that.

n8

I have one and love it. I did write up a pretty extensive review of it, although I'm sure I missed a couple things. It pretty much embodied all the updates I wished my d90 had, and I honestly can't think of anything else I would want in a camera besides back lit buttons (not going to focus on the video/af issue).
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

After reading the reviews the D7000 in on my wish list for the very near future.
    Don't forget about the Gallery. Are your photos there??

Nikon Samurai #13

"A photographer is known by what he shows not by what he throws. The best photographers have the biggest trash cans." Quote from Nikon School sometime in the early 1970's.

I appreciate the responses so far. I am just curious as to how much better than the D90 it is. As far as waiting for the cameras to come out in several months, I think there will be something new every several months for a long time. If you wait for the next latest and greatest you may never end up with a new camera, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The D7000 is the start of the roll-out of a new generation of high-end Nikon DSLR's. I'm waiting to see what the others are like before making a move.

If I have a D80/D90 I would be very interested in the D7000. It has almost all the features of the D300s plus the latest-generation Sony sensor and Nikon image processor. It has the new exposure sensor, the shutter is lifted from the D300s, the body is not all magnesium like the D300s but it's solid. I would be happy to use the D7000 as a low-end pro camera.

However I think that Nikon has a load of other goodies in store for the higher-end models. Probably a new focussing module and shutter plus certainly a new Nikon 24x36 sensor for the FX models. In reality APS-C is enough for my needs but I'm tempted by FX because I have so many severely under-used 24x36 lenses from my film days..
    Charles

Nikon D800, D7200, Sony RX100m3
    Not buying any more gear this year. I hope

n8

Quote Originally Posted by Grandpaw
    I appreciate the responses so far. I am just curious as to how much better than the D90 it is. As far as waiting for the cameras to come out in several months, I think there will be something new every several months for a long time. If you wait for the next latest and greatest you may never end up with a new camera, Jeff
    I wish I had my d90 long enough after getting my d7000 to do some a/b shots, as the advance in IQ is the most important thing I'd imagine. I'm sure "it just feels better" isn't the best selling point, but it really does. I like the layout better then the d90, but it's familiar enough to ignore most of the manual. I really appreciate the added features of the weather sealing, the magnesium body, the dual sd slots, faster fps, "quiet" mode, built in intervalometer and level, the ability to meter with non-cpu lenses. I don't use the user modes much, but I'm sure I'll get too it. The ability to choose your RAW compression is nice, although I'm filling my cards up quicker now with those massive files.
    mostly Nikon gear

Feel free to edit my images for critique, just let me know what you did.

Nikon D7000 be published in 2010 .Is new digital camera of nikon company.

Well I never upgraded to the D90 from my D80. I waited until the next release after the D90 was released and then came the D7000. Compared to the D80, it is a HUGE step up in just about everything. It feels better, weather sealed, 100% viewfinder, great high iso/low light performance, 39 AF points instead of 11 (even 3D tracking!), etc..

So many things to list compared to the D80, but to the D90? I'm not really sure =\. If I had a D90, I would most likely wait till the "D400" is released or till the next release after the D7000 comes out. Then that way you have time to invest in better glass and then either buy a D7000 with a lower price, or the new model.

Just my opinion of course , but just make a list of all the things your current camera isn't capable of doing and is holding you back versus what the D7000 can do for you.

I appreciate all the responses to my post. Just doing some advance thinking and research, Jeff

I bought one last fall, and just love eveything about it. No regrets....
    Volker
    Nikon D7200
    Nikon P7100
    Nikon 16-80/2.8-4 ED VR
    Nikon 55-200 VR II

Keeping it light and simple.

Thread Information