Nature and Wildlife Photography Forum

Discuss all types of nature and wildlife photography, photo techniques, equipment, and share your nature and wildlife photos.
Featured Photo
Photo by BMOORE

by BMOORE
Featured Photo Archive >>

Watermarking with EXIF data

I am not sure if this belongs in this forum, but I really didn't think it fit anywhere else either. If you think it might be appropriate in another forum, feel free to move it.

I'd like to know what people might be using to watermark their photos. Specifically, I'd like to add the exif data. This is not so much to prevent unauthorized usage, (I'd be flattered if someone liked my photos enough to steal them!) as it is to keep track of what I was doing, and so that others (like YOU for example) can provide suggestions to improve.

I have found one program, photo watermark professional, which will provide the data as shown on this turkey...but it doesn't list the data label (!SO400, 400mm for example) only 400,400. Which is fine when I shoot with those specs...but if I am shooting with the 400mm lens at 800ISO or vice-versa, I'd like people to know which is which.

Soooooo..........any ideas?

TIA,

Randy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Watermarking with EXIF data-turkey-1-.jpg  
    Canon 40D
    Canon 7D Mk II
    Canon 18-200mm IS
    Sigma 150-500mm OS
    Canon 50mm 2.5 Macro
    Canon 430EX Speedlite

Feel free to edit my photos to improve them, don't be afraid to ask for the raw image if you feel you can help!

Nature/Wildlife Forum Co-Moderator Loupey's Avatar

Re: Watermarking with EXIF data

I think what you have is helpful. Generally, because of the number of images I post, I don't usually include the EXIF. But it is there and can be pulled out of any of images if anyone is really interested.

Besides, someone can just ask on any particular image
    Please do not edit or repost my images.

See my website HERE.

What's a Loupe for anyway?

Re: Watermarking with EXIF data

I use Photoshop CS2 which has Photoshop Bridge with it, and that has every images details, but it doesnt watermark it on the image, i have to say i dont think it does any favours to an image with figures printed all over it, but thats only IMO, but i have to go into "Bridge" and note down the Exif from there.

I also have to add i very rarely put the exif details on postings, perhaps i should make more effort in this as it all relates to the pictures final results.

Interesting thread Randy.
    "Live Life to the full, theres no rehersals"
    www.bevbarkerphotos.com
    www.k9imageworld.com

Thread Information