Tech.Support

Software On Web Designing

Is there a software for web designing where you have custom made Designs ready to install and use.

They call me Andy... ACArmstrong's Avatar
    If they were ready to install and use, they wouldn't be custom, would they? ;)

Most software applications for web design have some design templates that allow you to fill in what you need. I'd stay as far away from MS Frontpage as possible though.

Check out Peter's post here - he found a site that offers the kind of software I think you're looking for.
    Andy Armstrong
    Please visit my photography site - Andy Armstrong Photography

I think this is the thread Andy mentioned Neat program for Web page design I found , but there are many different programs around that do web design.

Although Andy mentioned to stay away from MS Frontpage, it will do what you want, but loads extra coding in that isn't necessary and bogs down a website quite a bit.

Really you can design a website using NotePad and a good HTML book, but you have to learn HTML to do that.

There isn't one program out there that does everything for you without having to do fine tuning to the webpages after you have created them. Every program I have looked at and some I have purchased as well, still need you to change things to suit yourself, otherwise there wouldn't be people out there makeing a dam good incomes designing and updating websites.

Have a read of this forums postings and you will find good advice already in the posts.

People make dam good incomes building web sites?!?!? No way... point me there, please. ;)
    Andy Armstrong

Andy, you obviously don't by the sound of it, and I don't make anything at all, but I am trying hard. There are many web designers out there getting paid big bucks to design and maintain websites. There are also those that do it for the enjoyment of it as well.

I was kidding, Peter. It was the old *wink* *wink* *nudge* nudge* - don't tell all the secrets thing.

I make enough to pay the bills, but I'd love to tap the real market.
    Andy Armstrong

Re: Software On Web Designing

Dreamweaver and flash have lots of Templates you can use to make a gallery site or whatever it is you wish to make, You can also go to macromedia's website and download more templates if the one that come with it are not to your liking.

Quote Originally Posted by ACArmstrong
    People make dam good incomes building web sites?!?!? No way... point me there, please. ;)
    I remember back in 1998 I was being trained to do web design. At that time I was just a little too late ... the guy who trained me said that the people who designed websites for FedEx, etc. were making a million dollars.

The thing is, that was before all this interactive coding and stuff! The pages they were designing for a million dollars are the same ones I'd get a few hundred for now.

By the time I got into it, the millions were gone.
    Drink Coffee. Do stupid things faster with more energy.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    I remember back in 1998 I was being trained to do web design. At that time I was just a little too late ... the guy who trained me said that the people who designed websites for FedEx, etc. were making a million dollars.

The thing is, that was before all this interactive coding and stuff! The pages they were designing for a million dollars are the same ones I'd get a few hundred for now.

By the time I got into it, the millions were gone.
    Those guys who are making a million dollars (heavily inflated number) are also designing and creating huge databases. That information is flowing from and to the system from the web form. The webdesign for those sites are about commerce, and with so much volume, need heavy systems behind it. IMHO, the professor was making a grand story to make the lessons seem more important.

Web design, can yield decent money, but nothing that will give you the power to buy a Porsche on your credit card. I learned web design on my own using GoLive 5.0 and using forums such as these for information. I did it to get a web front, and not to be "bling" "bling"

My advice for learning web design, is to learn a program like GoLive or similar and learn basic html coding to things such as Bold and italics, fonts, and spacing.

Loren
    Loren Crannell
    LC Photography
    Visit My Website

* Any photographer worth his salt has 10,000 bad negatives under his belt. - Ansel Adams

Loren, I'm talkin' back in the DAY. 8 years ago or so. Did they do online databases back then? I can't remember my browser even being able to handle such a thing.

But I'm not saying the guy wasn't exaggerating. He was a freelancer.

Quote Originally Posted by kellybean
    Loren, I'm talkin' back in the DAY. 8 years ago or so. Did they do online databases back then?
    Loren is right and btw; 2004-1998=6 and we already had database driven web sites around 1993 ;)

2004-1998=6 and I was too late at that time to make the big bucks. Two years earlier there would have been more money in it.

I checked out Swishmax which is a flash based program and you can buy ready made templates if you want flash.

Thread Information