Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.
    Junior Member Dennis Strickland's Avatar

Who has heard of these guys?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought an Minolta SRT 200 in nice shape with a 45mm Rokkor lens and a "DeJur" 135mm lens. I never heard of "DeJur". Anyone up on this lens? It is clean with no defects that I can see. Got the whole shebang for $50. I think I got a nice deal. My 13 year old daughter is going to love it.

Dennis
    Never Shall I Fail My Comrades

Hey Dennis

Good to see you are still hanging around this site. Haven't heard from you in a while.

The Dejur was part of the Dejur Amsco Corp. in New York. The lens is probably of low quality, but give it a try.

The SRT200 is a vintage 1975 camera. The camera meter requires a mercury battery to operate properly (no longer available). There are other batteries available, but these have a different voltage. Just test the meter and make some adjustments to the settings as needed.

The good news is the SRT200 functions without a battery. I like the concept of teaching your daughter the skill of photography with a manual camera.

And remember this quote:

"If cameras were outlawed,
    only outlaws would have cameras."

-Dave-

Junior Member Dennis Strickland's Avatar
    Hey Dave, thanks for the info. I'm still snapping film. I'm buying a medium format here soon. I'm not sold on digital yet. To me it's a small computer and I can't chase technology. I'll wait until it matures a little more.

Anyway, way off subject. We now issue "Tasers". I took a hit from one of these things and oooooooooooooooooooh mama! Pain at its most unbearable. I have it on video and I can't believe I let them do that to me.

Dennis
    Never Shall I Fail My Comrades

Tassers

Hey Dennis,

I still use medium format as the primary camera for weddings. For portraits, its 100% digital.

Ya, they use the tassers on us just to keep us awake durning staff meetings ;)

-Dave-

Thread Information