Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

slide show s/w??

Hi,
    I am interested to find out some user-friendly software to create slide shows from still digital pics. I use PC and don't have PS at this point. Other than the standard MS Powerpoint, what are some good softwares for this purpose?

Thanks.
    will

Quote Originally Posted by yvrwfc
    Hi,
    I am interested to find out some user-friendly software to create slide shows from still digital pics. I use PC and don't have PS at this point. Other than the standard MS Powerpoint, what are some good softwares for this purpose?

Thanks.
    will
    I've used PicturePlus by Event Horizon Software: http://eventhorizonsoftware.com/
    It's pretty easy to use, and they include the instructions how to burn a CD with the slide show so the show automatically starts when you put the CD in the drive. That's nice if you're giving copies of the slide show to people and they aren't that computer literate. I really don't have any experience with other slide show softwares, so I can't comment on how it rates with others. Hope this helps!

OpenOffice.org 's office suite has a presentation application, like MS-Office. The major difference there is you can export your slide show to a self contained Flash .swf file (which is quite common on today's webpages).

Best thing is, OpenOffice.org is free and can work with MS-Widows, Linux and Macintosh.
    No pixels were harmed during the taking of these pictures...

I Climb Rocks

Slide shows

alright here is a video editing program. Kinda like Adobe premire that type of thing. But if your looking for a powerpoint type thing as a presentation than this wont help. but this program will allow you to edit photos. add transitions, music, titles, sub titles, effects. and if you really get into it you can do the video editing and produce short films. but i love this program to do slide shows cause i can burn it directly onto a cd and go play it in any dvd player. It is called Magixs Video Deluxe 2.0 it an absolute great program, just check it out.

Devin

Thread Information