Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.

Question Newbie to the Forum

Hi all.

I was doing a Google for a Photography forum and I stumbled upon this site. I have to say that this is what I was looking for.

Any way on to my question and pardon my ignorance:

Is this forum, more in particular the Help Files, strictly Digital or do we cover film as well?

I use both formats, but I primarily shoot film. Therefore, my questions will be more film related.

Any clarification on this is appreciated.

misanthrope

Film shooter too!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower
    Hi all.

I was doing a Google for a Photography forum and I stumbled upon this site. I have to say that this is what I was looking for.

Any way on to my question and pardon my ignorance:

Is this forum, more in particular the Help Files, strictly Digital or do we cover film as well?

I use both formats, but I primarily shoot film. Therefore, my questions will be more film related.

Any clarification on this is appreciated.
    You've come to the right place. When I found this site, I said the same thing: "Finally! It's what I've been looking for! No snobbish elitist jerks, only real photogs with real passion." Everyone here is helpful and positive and friendly, and dare I say, superbly talented! ;) I feel totally at home and I'll bet you will too in a very short time.
    I shoot film only and I've always gotten the help I needed. My Help questions are always answered, no matter what the trouble is. There is so much knowledge and expertise here, it's highly unlikely that someone won't be able to answer your question or at least direct you to someone or someplace that can. Welcome, and post away!
    "We've all been raised by television to believe that one day we'll all be millionaires and movie gods and rock stars -- but we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

-Fight Club, Chuck Palahniuk

Thanks for the quick reply. From what I've read so far, this seems like the type of forum I'm used to and will visit every day.

On the down side, this is another excuse where I won't get any work done

All photography help is given, no matter whether it is film, digital, photoshoping etc. The only thing anyone asks here, is to treat everyone with the type of replies that you would be looking for yourself. If you know an answer or even part of an answer, post it as others will chime in and continue or correct where necessary and that way everyone learns at the pace they want to.

I have been comming to these forums for the past 3 years (there was a previous web design), and it is a very addictive place as there is always something going on. Sometimes things get a little slow, but that usually relates to mainly Holiday times.

Welcome to the forums as well.

don't tase me, bro! Asylum Steve's Avatar

To answer your question...

Hey Max. Welcome...

We now have four seperate forums to cover Digital Issues: Digital Cameras - General, Digital SLRs, Digital Imaging (photoshop, etc.), and Internet & Web Design.

So you see, the Help Forum now actually serves as the main film forum.

BTW, you got a bunch of us here that shoot both film and digital, so hopefully you won't ever feel like you have to take sides...
    "Riding along on a carousel...tryin' to catch up to you..."

-Steve
    Studio & Lighting - Photography As Art Forum Moderator

Running the Photo Asylum, Asylum Steve's blogged brain pipes...
    www.stevenpaulhlavac.com
    www.photoasylum.com

Welcome. This is a great place as you'll find. A lot of people here - including myself - shoot both, depends on which tool is right for the job.

Thread Information