Help Files Camera and Photography Forum

For general camera equipment and photography technique questions. Moderated by another view. Also see the Learn section, Camera Reviews, Photography Lessons, and Glossary of Photo Terms.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Looking 4 opinion on Sigma lens

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973 View Post
    I haven't actually printed anything that I have shot with this combo yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to print these at any size. The bluebird image is cropped a bit so that would limit the size but other than that I don't see anything that would prevent me from making 16x24 or larger prints.
    Thanks Mike! I am beginning to think that the TC just may be the better and cheaper way to go because I already own the Nikon 20-200VR F2.8 to use it on. Most of the prints I sell are from 11x14 to 20x30 inch in size, Jeff
    Check out my website Here
    My Nikon D7000 Tips thread is HERE

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Learning more with every "click" mjs1973's Avatar

It's not a perfect solution, but it does work well. I would still love to have a high quality 600mm or longer, but the 70-200mm f/2.8 + 2 x TC does a pretty good job on a modest budget. If you do go this route, be sure to get a high quality TC. I have an old TC that I got from Ritz camera a decade ago, and about the only thing it's good for is a paper weight.
    Mike

My website
    Twitter
    Blog

"I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view."
    Aldo Leopold

Quote Originally Posted by mjs1973 View Post
    It's not a perfect solution, but it does work well. I would still love to have a high quality 600mm or longer, but the 70-200mm f/2.8 + 2 x TC does a pretty good job on a modest budget. If you do go this route, be sure to get a high quality TC. I have an old TC that I got from Ritz camera a decade ago, and about the only thing it's good for is a paper weight.
    Mike, I did order the Nikon 20E III and will let you know how I like it when it comes in and I get a chance to try it out. Thanks for your input, Jeff

All images posted by me anywhere are Copyrighted by Federal Law and may not be copied or used in ANY FORM without my personal written permission. Jeff Impey
    "I decided years ago I was only going to have two types of days... Very Good Days or just Plain Good Days I just refuse to have Bad Ones!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote Originally Posted by gryphonslair99 View Post
    Thanks for the link, there are a lot of positive reviews on that lens but I have already ordered the Nikon 20E III TC, Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information