• 05-12-2012, 04:40 AM
    Grandpaw
    Re: Looking 4 opinion on Sigma lens
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973 View Post
    I haven't actually printed anything that I have shot with this combo yet, but I wouldn't hesitate to print these at any size. The bluebird image is cropped a bit so that would limit the size but other than that I don't see anything that would prevent me from making 16x24 or larger prints.

Thanks Mike! I am beginning to think that the TC just may be the better and cheaper way to go because I already own the Nikon 20-200VR F2.8 to use it on. Most of the prints I sell are from 11x14 to 20x30 inch in size, Jeff
  • 05-12-2012, 04:49 AM
    mjs1973
    It's not a perfect solution, but it does work well. I would still love to have a high quality 600mm or longer, but the 70-200mm f/2.8 + 2 x TC does a pretty good job on a modest budget. If you do go this route, be sure to get a high quality TC. I have an old TC that I got from Ritz camera a decade ago, and about the only thing it's good for is a paper weight.
  • 05-19-2012, 04:30 AM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mjs1973 View Post
    It's not a perfect solution, but it does work well. I would still love to have a high quality 600mm or longer, but the 70-200mm f/2.8 + 2 x TC does a pretty good job on a modest budget. If you do go this route, be sure to get a high quality TC. I have an old TC that I got from Ritz camera a decade ago, and about the only thing it's good for is a paper weight.

Mike, I did order the Nikon 20E III and will let you know how I like it when it comes in and I get a chance to try it out. Thanks for your input, Jeff
  • 05-19-2012, 10:03 AM
    gryphonslair99
  • 05-19-2012, 01:27 PM
    Grandpaw
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gryphonslair99 View Post

Thanks for the link, there are a lot of positive reviews on that lens but I have already ordered the Nikon 20E III TC, Jeff