Digital Video Forum

Digital Video Forum Discuss camcorders, HD video, HD DSLRs, video editing, DV software, and video techniques. Your DV forum moderator is Skyman.
Read and Write Camcorder Reviews >>

JVC Camcorder Software (Australia)

I have a JVC GR-DVL320EA Australian version (if different to others?) Camcorder. I have lost teh original soft ware for the camera and can't capture the video that I've taken onto my computer to sue in Adobe Premier 6.5. My camera connects throguh a COM port (Serial). Anyone know where I can get the original software ot other working software for it?

I have tried google and download.com as well as teh JVC-Australia site and can't find anything.

Thanks

Look up a company called haco or hagemeyer, they are the Austrailian JVC distributers so they should be able to point you in the right direction.

I've looked. Seems I need a video capture card of which I currently don't own and because I'm converting to Macintosh soon I'm not looking unless I find a compatible one. Know any?

MJS
    Digital Video Moderator

Not quite sure

Don't the Macincrashes already have the firewire capability built into them already?

Another Convertee !!!

Macs come standard with firewire ports so u don't need a capture card, although there are a few models available that boost the comps performance although they are pro devices so stupidly expensive. oh incidentally for those that don't know, the Firewire connection on a mac is also refered to as an iee1394 port a dv port or an i-Link connection. they are all basically the same device.
    Cheers
    Simmo

Re: JVC Camcorder Software (Australia)

I am glad to welcome you if you are also working in the field of software development, you probably know how many nuances there are in this work. Therefore, I want to advise you an article in which you can find a lot of useful information for yourself that you will get tired of using in your work Automated performance testing. When I first found this article, I learned a lot of interesting and new things for myself, so I'm sure that this article will be useful to you.

Thread Information