Digital SLR Cameras Forum

Digital SLRs Forum Discuss digital SLRs, lenses, RAW conversion, or anything else related to digital SLRs. You may also want to see the Nikon, Canon, and Sony camera forums.
Digital Camera Pro Reviews >>
Read and Write Digital SLR Reviews >>
Digital SLR Buyer's Guide >>

Minolta Z1 setting

Hi. I have owned a Minolta dimage z1 for about 6 months now. I need to know a good setting to put it on. The Auto mode is good but not perfect. I get the purple fringing on auto. I have been using the Sports mode recently but again not brilliant everytime.

Does anyone know of a really good all round srtting for it. I have had a play around with the settings a bit. But i'm not that sucessful.......

Thanks...Mark.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gooner
    Hi. I have owned a Minolta dimage z1 for about 6 months now. I need to know a good setting to put it on. The Auto mode is good but not perfect. I get the purple fringing on auto. I have been using the Sports mode recently but again not brilliant everytime.

Does anyone know of a really good all round srtting for it. I have had a play around with the settings a bit. But i'm not that sucessful.......

Thanks...Mark.
    Unfortunately, there is no "one best setting" for any camera. You really don't say what problems you are having.

Purple fringing is a way of life with these all-in-one cameras. You have to avoid it (change the angle and/or subjecvt matter) or get rid of it after-the-fact.

What other specific complaints do you have? What do you mean by "not brilliant everytime"?
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Unfortunately, there is no "one best setting" for any camera. You really don't say what problems you are having.

Purple fringing is a way of life with these all-in-one cameras. You have to avoid it (change the angle and/or subjecvt matter) or get rid of it after-the-fact.

What other specific complaints do you have? What do you mean by "not brilliant everytime"?

OK. I'll ask again. Does anyone know of a good set up for the Minolta Z1. For everyday use. As the last member clearly did'nt.

Mark.

Sitting in a Leaky Dingy Michael Fanelli's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gooner
    OK. I'll ask again. Does anyone know of a good set up for the Minolta Z1. For everyday use. As the last member clearly did'nt.

Mark.
    LOL! OK, keep seeking that Holy Grail. You ask a vague question and specify an impossible condition. Yep, it's my fault!
    "Every great decision creates ripples--like a huge boulder dropped in a lake. The ripples merge and rebound off the banks in unforseeable ways.

Sorry Michael.
    was mrely asking the question. Has any one got a Minolta Z1. That may be of help. I bought the camera because i liked the look of it. i am not a Phtographer. I dont know the first thing about it. I can get my Pics onto the PC. Thats it. The Z1 Auto setting is crap. I just thought there may be somebody who could say. Ah yes I use the Doo Dah setting or the Thingy Magingy setting. Thats all. No. OK. I'll go away. as i can see you are far too advanced to reply my Q.
    Sorry..Mark. I'll get me coat..????

No one setting, The only thing I can offer is learn to use manual settings.....depending on light, and subject matter, you will need to adjust accordingly...best thing for you to do is play with it alot, take a bunch of pics, find out what works, what doesnt. Also pick up a copy of the digital photography for dummies(nt being sarcastic) I also have a Z1, to get rid of the CA or PF...go with a z2, they elimiated most of the problem there.

Thread Information