Minolta Z1 setting

Printable View

• 07-16-2004, 12:57 PM
    gooner
    Minolta Z1 setting
    Hi. I have owned a Minolta dimage z1 for about 6 months now. I need to know a good setting to put it on. The Auto mode is good but not perfect. I get the purple fringing on auto. I have been using the Sports mode recently but again not brilliant everytime.

Does anyone know of a really good all round srtting for it. I have had a play around with the settings a bit. But i'm not that sucessful.......

Thanks...Mark.
  • 07-16-2004, 01:53 PM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner
    Hi. I have owned a Minolta dimage z1 for about 6 months now. I need to know a good setting to put it on. The Auto mode is good but not perfect. I get the purple fringing on auto. I have been using the Sports mode recently but again not brilliant everytime.

Does anyone know of a really good all round srtting for it. I have had a play around with the settings a bit. But i'm not that sucessful.......

Thanks...Mark.

Unfortunately, there is no "one best setting" for any camera. You really don't say what problems you are having.

Purple fringing is a way of life with these all-in-one cameras. You have to avoid it (change the angle and/or subjecvt matter) or get rid of it after-the-fact.

What other specific complaints do you have? What do you mean by "not brilliant everytime"?
  • 07-17-2004, 12:03 AM
    gooner
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Fanelli
    Unfortunately, there is no "one best setting" for any camera. You really don't say what problems you are having.

Purple fringing is a way of life with these all-in-one cameras. You have to avoid it (change the angle and/or subjecvt matter) or get rid of it after-the-fact.

What other specific complaints do you have? What do you mean by "not brilliant everytime"?

OK. I'll ask again. Does anyone know of a good set up for the Minolta Z1. For everyday use. As the last member clearly did'nt.

Mark.
  • 07-17-2004, 10:08 AM
    Michael Fanelli
    Quote:

Originally Posted by gooner
    OK. I'll ask again. Does anyone know of a good set up for the Minolta Z1. For everyday use. As the last member clearly did'nt.

Mark.

LOL! OK, keep seeking that Holy Grail. You ask a vague question and specify an impossible condition. Yep, it's my fault!
  • 07-17-2004, 12:41 PM
    gooner
    Sorry Michael.
    was mrely asking the question. Has any one got a Minolta Z1. That may be of help. I bought the camera because i liked the look of it. i am not a Phtographer. I dont know the first thing about it. I can get my Pics onto the PC. Thats it. The Z1 Auto setting is crap. I just thought there may be somebody who could say. Ah yes I use the Doo Dah setting or the Thingy Magingy setting. Thats all. No. OK. I'll go away. as i can see you are far too advanced to reply my Q.
    Sorry..Mark. I'll get me coat..????
  • 09-10-2004, 03:19 AM
    CSJunemann
    No one setting, The only thing I can offer is learn to use manual settings.....depending on light, and subject matter, you will need to adjust accordingly...best thing for you to do is play with it alot, take a bunch of pics, find out what works, what doesnt. Also pick up a copy of the digital photography for dummies(nt being sarcastic) I also have a Z1, to get rid of the CA or PF...go with a z2, they elimiated most of the problem there.